Connecting Plan G over network (simconnect) TIP

Started by barree, September 17, 2011, 03:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barree

I had a similar problem like many others for connecting to FSX with PlanG on a laptop over the network. I've setup PlanG exactly as explained in the manual but still every time PlanG was disconnected after about 20seconds because of timeout.

I've tried many of the solutions given in this forum, but what really did the trick for me was a small free utility called the "SimConnect config tool" (http://simconnectconfigtool.codeplex.com/).

Just wanting to help others with the same problem, I decided to share my knowledge...

Beautifull program by the way, thumbs up!

Superglide

Thank you!
I have been struggling with simconnect connections. I loaded this app, filled in the data as requested and connected from my lap top to my PC on the first try!
You rock!

Supe

ajmlans

bpearson

Does anyone have something that will work on one computer??????
                                                                                                                       bpearson

claude101141

Quote from: ajmlans on December 14, 2011, 10:00:34 AM
Tanks,I try this tip, and its work fine

Hi,

I must be very stupid but I don't understand how to use and implement this tip. I'd be very grateful if you could
give more details on how to do the trick.

Thanks in advance

Claude
Paris-France

paul123

Somewhere on this forum gave me the answer, for some reason the IP addresses would not match up, so I just use the name of my computer under "Users" instead of the IP address and it connects fine. Just make sure it is the same in the Simconnect.xml and in settings in PlanG.

claude101141

Thanks Paul; just a precision are you using Windows 7 ? Because under users in Win 7 you do not have the
name of the computer but the user's name. It is in configuration management system option that you can
find it. I ask this as to make sure we talk about the same thing..
Claude

miloguy

G'day every one

I too have been struggling with trying to get this to work
over my wifi .. read all instructions and tips here but still no luck.. got it on both pc and laptop,
i can get Vatsim to work but not connect to work

so frustrated..

milo

tim arnot

Quote from: miloguy on March 30, 2013, 09:32:33 AM
G'day every one

I too have been struggling with trying to get this to work
over my wifi .. read all instructions and tips here but still no luck.. got it on both pc and laptop,
i can get Vatsim to work but not connect to work

so frustrated..

milo

Create a support post, including a copy of your simconnect.xml, the log output from Plan-G and the results from running IPConfig on both PCs, and we'll try to get you sorted out. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

miloguy

sky one

Quote from: miloguy on April 02, 2013, 01:56:09 PM
say that again in english please??
Attach:
1) simconnect.xml
2) plan-g log (you can find it in the "Plan-G Files" folder, under "My Documents")
3) on both PCs open a command prompt, type
ipconfig > ip.txt
and attach both ip.txt files.

Better now?  :)
X-plane user

Swazi98kl

I have copied over the 157MB Data folder to my networked laptop and tried to open PlanG3_FSX. Windows does not recognize this file. SQL Server Compact Edition Database file (sdf) ? Help please. Both laptops running Windows 7

Thanks

farsenea

Is there something different in the new 3.0.4 version ?

I am using v2 & was using a previous version on v3 on a laptop on WiFi to connect to my FSX PC using SimConnect & IP4 with no problem but now, it always crash when trying to connect with the new 3.0.4 version. I validated my v2 config & my SimConnect.xml file & I even change using the IP to using the name of my FSX PC with no success fo the v3.0.4 version (v2 is still working fine on the same laptop now using the name instead of the IP). My laptop if Win 7 & my FSX PC is Vista

What would the utilityi n the first post would do to me in this case ?

Thanks

tim arnot

I had it crash on me today while connecting across wifi, so yes, I am investigating what this could be.

Tim. @TimArnot

miloguy

i had been trying for yonks to get this going with my laptop over my wifi
and finally tonight i did it, try ticking in the properties of plan g on the desk top or
where ever the short cut is and click on run as administrator ... might work for you, might not
but worh a try...

milo