News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Connecting Plan G over network (simconnect) TIP

Started by barree, September 17, 2011, 03:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farsenea

I am already running it with the administrator option - does not work for me :-(

Hash

Hello,
On the simconect program what need to be filled in?
Thanks

lambo93

i have recently installed simconnect properly (I think)

But every time i click on connect on plan g3 it crashes, yet if i set the option to FSUIPC it dosen't crash.
I am looking to get FSUIPC if i cannot get this to work, but i don't really want to pay out for the licences

farsenea

Quote from: tim arnot on May 28, 2013, 01:44:51 AM
I had it crash on me today while connecting across wifi, so yes, I am investigating what this could be.

Hi Tim,

It still crash on me with the v3.0.7.71 version (v2 still work): did you find anything so far ?

Thanks

THibben

I have installed V3 on my networked computer.  The computers are talking to each other.  When I Install FSX it is connected the second computer and Wide FS says it is connected to the main PC.  The problem I have is when I open V3 I only have access to loading data and when I try I am not able to connect to FSX.  I have tried copying the data files into V3 but they are still not being read.

Any help will be appreciated as I have been working on this for three days.  Thanks in advance.

Tom

farsenea

Quote from: farsenea on December 05, 2013, 01:28:43 AM
Quote from: tim arnot on May 28, 2013, 01:44:51 AM
I had it crash on me today while connecting across wifi, so yes, I am investigating what this could be.

Hi Tim,

It still crash on me with the v3.0.7.71 version (v2 still work): did you find anything so far ?

Thanks

For your information, I can make v3 work with IPv6 but not IPv4 - this is good enough for me for now :-)

exgringo

After the many problems I have encountered with SimConnect the price of fsuipc seems VERY reasonable.  Any networked program on my PC that uses WideFS works immediately after installing...no hassle.
I have been trying for two months to get a couple of programs to work on SimConnect..
Bless plan-G for its ease of use.

CL0UDSCAPE

It seems to me that the more security conscious Microsoft got, the less user friendly they became, as well as their interest in developing Flight Simulator into the best that it could be! Unfortunately, I've always struggled between hardware and software upgrades and compatibility! FSX, FSIX, and X-Plane are all running on my Windows Vista Ultimate machine and I'm trying to network Plan-G running on my Windows 8.1 Notebook because it's so much more powerful! With a little bit of persistence and luck I got fs_earth_link and FlightConnect(on my Android Tablet) to work, but have had no luck with Plan-G.  I'm kind of hung up over Permissions and Accessibility between these operating systems and spent hours attempting to work things out! Since FSTramp didn't have a planner, I was amazed at  the sophistication of Plan-G only I'm still "put off" by not getting things working over my network!  I'll keep on trying but it seems so hopless!

Bandr35

1. To network PC to PC, don't you have to use a crossover ethernet cable?
2. AFIK both PCs must use the same OS. A Windows 8.1 PC can not be networked to a Windows 7 PC.
3. Does PLANG have a work around for different PC operating systems?
Thanks, Ron 

ThWind81

I have done everything described in an attempt to use simconnect to use plan g on my laptop with fsx on my main pc.  I created the IPv4 version of a simconnect.xml file and put it in the same directory as fsx.cfg.  I just copied what was in the users guide and made sure my port was entered correctly in plan g. I opened that port in my router as well just to be sure. I have tried disabling all antivirus firewalls on both computers.  I am stubborn and can usually get things to work. I am very frustrated now. What gives?  Can someone give me a simple list of the things I need to do so I can make sure I didn't miss anything?    I haven't done anything with simconnect other than make sure it was loaded by installing it off the fsx disc onto my main fsx computer. Do I need to load it on the laptop running plan g as well?
FSX Gold with acceleration
Plan g 3.1.0.82
Windows 7 home premium 64bit on both computers

Oh yeah.. I did see in the users guide that the .xml file was proven to work in windows xp. Could this be an issue with windows 7 compatibility?

Novawing24

I also am having issues since the latest version. I have 2 windows 8.1 devices (Desktop and Surface Pro2) everything ran fine using IPv4 in the last release of the software however with this version nothing.

I have tried IPv4/IPv6/SimConnect everything except FSUIPC/WIDEFS because I do not have that yet.

I am curious to know what solutions have been found if any or work arounds. Although I am hesitant to get it, if FSUIPC/WDIEFS will fix my issue I am just about ready to buy it.

Alternatively can we get the prior stable release so I can roll back to that version (lost my copy in a HDD failure)

Safe Skies

Novawing24

mmaier

I have a 8.1 PC and a XP PC configuration.
on 8.1 run FSX
on XP run Plan-G3  3.0.7.71

The SimConnect.xml file should be at ( 8.1 PC )
C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

The Contens:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>
-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="SimConnect">
<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
-<SimConnect.Comm>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>192.168.2.yyy</Address> !!!! from your FSX PC the same into Plan-G PC
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>9017</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

This works for me without any Problem

Manfred

Novawing24

Thanks for the assist mmaier, however sadly I must report it has not fixed the issue.

Cheers

Novawing24

mikebuddy

I presume you have tried FSUIPC4 & WideFS. Although I have Simconnect for my networked weather (ASN)  I'm pretty sure it's FSUIPC that's running my planG cause if if I do not fire up WideFS than it will not load the aircraft symbol on the map. Worth a try. :azn:

rogerover

My own feedback :

Plan-G v 3.1.1.93 works fine remotely on my laptop XP SP3 with both FSX and P3D v1.4 with the following simconnect.xml file located where it should be:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
   <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
   <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
   <!-- Example Global (remote) IPv4 Server Configuration-->
   <SimConnect.Comm>
      <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
      <Scope>global</Scope>
      <Address>jlldesktop</Address>
      <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
      <Port>4506</Port>
      <MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
      <DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
   </SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>
<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>
<Scope>local</Scope>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

It does not work with P3Dv2.2 with the same simconnect.xml except if P3D v2.2 is launched in legacy mode wich is an option of Estonian Migration Tool. Strange enough to be mentionned !!

FSX, and P3D are running on my desktop under W7-64 french version