News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Building Database for X-Plane freezes everytime.

Started by Skjoldr, August 16, 2012, 11:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skjoldr

Hi there.

I have installed the V3 of Plan-G, but when I run it for 1st Time, and try to build the database for X-Plane, it gets as far as "Writing 20107 Parking spaces" and about 1/4 way through it appears to simply get stuck. I have waited over an hour, and it was still in same place. I have tried complete uninstall ( including V2 ) and reinstalled, and same thing happens in same place everytime.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards
Rob Engvikson

tim arnot

Can you upload the log?

(Please delete the log file then re-run the build, so that the log file only contains the one build tempt. Otherwise it'll be massive!)

Tim. @TimArnot

Skjoldr

superhunk

Same problem, I did updated the navdata with this http://data.x-plane.com/get_data.html and have couple of custom scenery airports.

tim arnot

It looks like it's having a problem with whichever addon airport has this parking spot: 'tie_down heavy|jets Boeing North Ramp Heavy'

You'll need to take that out of your scenery folder while you build the db. I'll look at generating a fix as soon as I can.

Tim. @TimArnot

gheed

Having same problem as above, tried to move "custom scenery" folder outside of XPX, still freezes in same spot. Guess its a problem with the updated navdata (i've also done it, from same source as linked above) since addon airports doesn't seem to have anything to do with the problem. Here's my log.

superhunk

Same thing happens with the database that comes with x-plane 10 beta 8.

Startrek

I have x-plane 9.70 and the first attempt I failed to create the database (more than an hour without result).
Then I tried again adding the custom scenery folder. The database is formed.

Skjoldr

I also tried adding custom scenery folder. Made no difference to mine. Still gets stuck same place.

Tim, I have no idea which Airport is causing the 'tie_down heavy|jets Boeing North Ramp Heavy' error in my log. How do I find that out?

Cheers
Rob

gheed

tim arnot

I don't think it's related to 10.10, even though I'm still on 10.05 here. But there does seem to be an issue related to the latest pull of the navdata, which I'm looking at.

Tim. @TimArnot

scoobe

Im getting the same issue as the above posters. It looks like is stalling at "value='tie_down heavy|jets Boeing North Ramp Heavy'."
I dont know what scenery this is. I renamed my Custom scenery directory just to test, but still the same.

Rob

tim arnot

Can users with DB build problems please try this new build, and report back:

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/plan-g/files/PG3_b47.zip

Download the archive and unzip it into the desired location. DO NOT overwrite the installed v3 files, since I don't know if doing that will muck up the uninstaller for the next update. You do not need to uninstall your current v3.

Don't forget to run the new build not the old one. ;)

When you report, please state X-Plane, FSX or FS9. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

scoobe

This new build worked for me.  X-Plane 10 Beta 8

Thanks,

Rob

w9nwrwi

New build worked fine here Tim. Data base completed, Nav aids now showing up.

X-Plane 10 Beta 8

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11