News:

Main Menu

XPUIPC for X-Plane 64 bit

Started by w9nwrwi, February 12, 2013, 03:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w9nwrwi

For those that run X-Plane 64 bit and have missed your Plan-G some good news.   :)

XPUIPC 64 bit has been released.  It is available at:  http://www.schiratti.com/xpuipc.html
It runs on both the 32 bit and 64 bit X-plane.

There is an important Readme.txt file within the zip that you need to read for proper installation.

I gave it a go with Plan-G version 3.0.2 and all works just fine.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

F-DFLY

Thank you Chuck for this information.

Daniel.
Daniel.

Arie2

Dear Daniel,

I have Plan-G perfectly working with FSX and Prepar3d. However, whatever I try there is no connection with Xplane10 
I have  single PC, no networking.
I downloaded XPUIC and the plugin in Xplane and the sim tells me it is connected through my IP4V address, so that looks oke.

When I choose the XPUIPC option in Plan-G nothing happens, the location is good, the database is build but nothing happens.
Whithout Plan-G the Xplane or another simular way to plan your flight the  sim is borrowing and I prefer to use Prepar3d instead.

What I'm doing wrong?

Regards,

Arie de Bruijn, Curacao
email: ariejohannes@hotmail.com

sky one

Hello Arie,
could you please attach your log file?

Thanks.
Cristiano
X-plane user

Birdy.dma

In X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\XPUIPC, there is XPUIPC.ini.

Open it with notepad. For a single computer, the server address should be:

XPUIPC Version 1.0.2.3 ini file

[XPUIPC SETTINGS]
Tune value = 00
Server Address = 127.0.0.1

Claude.

Dancämp%1002

Hello to you people.
I too have tried XPUIPC, and X-Plane 10 does not connect with Plan-G.
X-Plane 10 does not seem to recognize XPUIPC as a plug-in.

I am running Windows 7 64 bits on an Asus  P5Q Motherboard
with a Intel Q9505 @ 2.83GHz,  8Go of ram and  Nvidia Geforce GTX460.

Dancämp%1002

Well after re-installing XPUIC, it finally works.
Do not forget to write your ip address in the ini. file

Sidlee

I am running X-Plane V.10.41 and using a second screen from the same computer.  It is a new loaded PC running Windows & Pro.

I have Plan G on second screen as well as X-Plane on main screen.  I have the X-Plane data migrated into Plan G, but, whenI try to connect Plan G,
It's highlighted, but no connect.  I would like to see my flight progress in X-Plane on Plan G.
I see postings about wi-fi connections, which I have, but from the same PC ???
What would I use XPUIPC for ??

Thanks
Sid

tim arnot

You need XPUIPC to connect Plan-G to X-Plane.

Tim. @TimArnot

StevePilot

Hi Tim

I have just purchased a Windows 10 tablet and installed Plan-G on it.  My Windows 7 PC and my tablet are recognising each other but, obviously, when I go to run Plan-G on my tablet it asks for the data base.  I've tried directing it to my Xplane on the desktop of my PC and also tried to import the data files from the Plan-G on my PC but it won't seem to do it.
I have the XPUIPC installed in Xplane but I notice you have to write something different in it for two computers as opposed to a single PC?
Should I try re-installing XPUIPC?  What is my best next step?
(I've gone to my folders for Xplane and both Plan-G's on both computers and gone to preferences-sharing-advanced options and made sure anyone can share the files.. is this correct or should I have left this alone?)

I've spent time going through the manual but I'm clearly not as clever as I thought I was! It was hard to take but I'm over it now. I know you're gona point me to the page I should have been looking at. lol

Steve

tim arnot

I've no idea about tablets, but if it can be treated as another PC, just copy the Plan-G Files\Data folder to it, install XPUIPC and configure it for client PC operations. (I no longer have a second PC, so it's not something I can test). Maybe you have to put the files on a USB stick and transfer them that way?

You need to make sure the tablet can communicate with the PC over wifi if you're going to connect.

Tim. @TimArnot

Col1948

I have read other threads on this and tried almost everything but still no joy.

I installed xpuifc, then tried Plan-G using the new zip file for 64bit that supposed to be good for XP11, I tried as administrator, tried with XP running, tried it without XP running but all I get is the scrolling bar that runs forever.
I even left it running all night only to find nothing had changed, I saw a few posts where some have managed to get it working but lots of posts where others haven't, and I'm one of them lol.

When I look in my documents I see folders for:
Flight Simulator Files
Flight SimulaterX Files
Plan-G

When I look inside the PLan-G folder I see folders:
Charts
Data
DEM
Profiles
WX
Plan-g_Log (text file) 62kb

So is it trying to build a database and failing?

Col.

tim arnot

Please attach the log file and we can diagnose your problem.

Tim. @TimArnot

Col1948

Hi Tim,
After a bit of tweaking I got Plan-G to work in a fashion with X-Plane 11, I went in the 'File' 'Options' 'FS Connection' and directed it to XPUIPC I got the yellow plane icon on the map and it coincided with the user aircraft in X-Plane.
The thing is it never loaded any data from X-Plane, all I got the was the scrolling bar but I loaded the data from FSX, not sure if it is reading that or not.
Can't post the log it says it is too big.

Col1948

Hi Tim, I never thought of zipping it up sorry, my old age mate.  ???