News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

XPUIPC for X-Plane 64 bit

Started by w9nwrwi, February 12, 2013, 03:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

1. Start Plan-G
2. Click on the Data tab.
3. Click on the Build Navigation Database icon.
4. Click the Settings button.
5. Fill in the location of your x-plane.exe. Click OK
6. Select "Build X-Plane Database" (which should now be active)
7. Click OK.

Should take no more than 10 minutes on a slow PC.

Tim. @TimArnot

Col1948

Sorry Tim but I've been doing that all along, anyway I just tried it again, the scrolling bar started so I went for breakfast, after around 45 mins still nothing, I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, X-Plane 11, I also have FS9 and FSX and their data bases have built no problem.

Col.

tim arnot

If it's still going after 10 minutes, it's failed. Stop and send me (attach to this thread) the log file.

Tim. @TimArnot

Col1948

Hi Tim,

Log File as requested, this was after nearly an hour.

Regards

Col

tim arnot

Either use the build attached to this post: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3578.msg17454#msg17454

or create the following folder on your PC D:\X-Plane 11\Resources\GNS430\airspaces

then it'll build the database.

Tim. @TimArnot

Col1948

Hi Tim,
I presume the folder goes on my D drive is that correct, if not where does it go?

I thought I had it working at one point it started to build but got stuck on writing runways, it went in an endless loop.
So I started again, nothing happening yet.

Edited:

Bingo!  It worked, thank you, I misread your post, I created the folder inside the Resources folder, that's what you meant sorry, just the way I read it i did it wrong.
Any way it fired up now so I'm up and running with X-Plane 11.  :D

FLYING TIGER

Hello Tim,
I just switched from P3D to X-plane 11 2 days ago. After some searching on the internet I found out that Plan-G can work with X-Plane via XPUIPC. After some trail and error (because I'm a real no-no with all this things) XFIUPC is installed on my pc (latest version: 2.0.4.8). Opend Plan-G and tried to build the datbase for XP. Failed (of course-problem of my life :-)), it kept running and running but nothing more happend. Looked into the Plan-G forum and after creating the "GNS430", and the sub-folder "Airspace" in it (which is quite an achievement for me) the data base was build. But.... it refuses to connect with XP. When I click on the connect button I hear the connecting sound but, when I click on the "sync" button (it was on "free") nothing happens. So I am just partially out of the woods. What information do you need, and where can I find it,so we can try to solve this problem?
By the way: after checking the "Airspace folder" is an empty folder after the building of the database. Could this info lead to any clue?
Awaiting your reply,
kind regards,
Eddy

FLYING TIGER

Tim,
I just think of something. Could it be a problem that my XP is on another drive than where my Plan-G is (for P3D)? Should I instaal Plan-G also on my XP drive?

Regards,
Eddy

tim arnot

Is your X-Plane running as administrator? If so, Plan-G must run as administrator too, otherwise they will not connect (all to do with security levels and permissions).

X-Plane 11 changed its data format compared to earlier versions (this has nothing to do with why you can't connect to the sim), and that caused some build errors in Plan-G. Make sure you are running the latest version (3.2 build 144), which will correctly build XP11 databases.

Tim. @TimArnot

FLYING TIGER

Hi Tim,
thanks for replying quickly. I checked everything. I have the latest build (3.2.0.144) and I run both .exe files (Plan-G and X-Plane) as Administrator, but to no avail. Still the same, got the sound of connecting, but clicking on the "sync" button doesn't change anything. It stays on "Free".

!!!  Just to check it, I opened P3D, in the Data Tab I changed to the P3D Data Base and it's the same thing. Plan-G stopt working for P3D also. Maybe this provide you with extra information.

regards,
Eddy

tim arnot

Please attach the log file. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

FLYING TIGER

Hello Tim,
I hope I did it right (I am very clumsy with computers  :-\), and I never zipped a file before.

Reagrds,

Eddy

FLYING TIGER

Hi Tim,
I already replied to your request for sending the log file but untill now no answer. Just wondering if I did something  wrong, or didn't you had the opportunety to look at the log file yet?

I don't wanna push things but if something went wrong it would be stupid to sit and wait for nothing to happen.

Regards,
Eddy

tim arnot

Sorry, just been busy - haven't had a chance to look at it yet. :(

Tim. @TimArnot

FLYING TIGER

Hi Tim,
"I rest my case". No stress :-)

regards,
Eddy