News:

Main Menu

How to bring the flight plan to x-plane

Started by Major Dixie, August 28, 2013, 09:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Dixie

Hallo together
I'm Not sure if i made something wrong. How can i geht prepared flight plan to x-plane in Order to fly with atc.
Thank you in advance.
BR
Ralf

tim arnot

Not every aircraft in X-Plane has an FMS that allows you to load a flight plan - some do, some don't. It's very aircraft specific, which is a shame.

Tim. @TimArnot

Major Dixie

The Cessna for Exempel. In x-plane you have to Enter a flight plan befördert using atc Even for a Cessna. Nowi tought i could use flight plan from plan g instand of Entehrung ist Directory to x plan. I mein the Windows which Appears After contacting atc.
Nr
Ralf

Birdy.dma

Create your flight plan with Plan-g, and connect Plan-g and X Plane through XPUIPC. So you will have a moving map.

You have also a help with the QDM heading and distance feature.

Claude.

Major Dixie

Connection is done and working well. Question was how to Upload the FP to x-plane using ist for atc flying Mode.

Birdy.dma

No idéa. The X Plane ATC is not very good, and i don't use it.

I fly alone or with Ivao control.

Do a search on the .org forum, or open a thread on the same .org forum.

If i understand well, your question is not related to Plan-g, but to X Plane.

Regards.

sky one

I'm pretty sure you can't instruct X-Plane's ATC from a flight plan: I think you must to insert it manually.

I agree with Birdy.dma: this question is related to X-Plane, not to Plan-G.
X-plane user

tim arnot

As I said above, it is entirely dependent on the aircraft supporting it. The new DA-42 for example, allows you to load FMS files.

Tim. @TimArnot

dempsey

Perhaps a little known trick, but all X-Plane aircrafts have an FMC (visible or not) into which your can upload an FMS plan. For example the Cessna 172 has a GPS430 with very primitive capabilities, but in the back ground there is an FMC that can direct the GPS430.

Steps to do:

• Define a key referring to FMS/key_load (I use the backslash key "\").
  • Create the flight plan and save it as .fms file.
  • Copy the .fms file to C:\X-Plane 10\Output\FMS plans\ (or wherever you have your X-Plane installed).
  • Start X-Plane and Cessna 172 and locate the plane on the starting airport of your flight plan.
  • Type "\" (without the quotes) and select the flight plan and load.
  • First waypoint will show on the GPS430.
  • Take off with runway heading set until 400 to 1,000 ft AGL.
  • Switch CDI to GPS mode, activate LOC and activate the autopilot to fly the course.

Hope this helps.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

w9nwrwi

It did help Dempsey,

Thanks for the info, works great on the Comanche 250 but darn if I can get it to work on the Cessna 172. It looks like the GPS is reading the first waypoint info but will not fly the plan and the LOC is staying yellow. The Comanche is perfect. ah well, will continue to play.

Thanks again Dempsey,

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

dempsey

Strange, I just tried the Cessna 172 with a flightplan from CYBW (Calgary Springbank) to CFX2 (Okotoks) and it works fine.

I trust that you did not forget to press the CDI button to show GPS?
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

w9nwrwi

Its working on the 172 now Dempsey.  Operator error more than likely.   :P
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

tim arnot

Quote from: dempsey on September 10, 2013, 04:56:52 AM
Perhaps a little known trick, but all X-Plane aircrafts have an FMC (visible or not) into which your can upload an FMS plan. For example the Cessna 172 has a GPS430 with very primitive capabilities, but in the back ground there is an FMC that can direct the GPS430.

Steps to do:

• Define a key referring to FMS/key_load (I use the backslash key "\").
  • Create the flight plan and save it as .fms file.
  • Copy the .fms file to C:\X-Plane 10\Output\FMS plans\ (or wherever you have your X-Plane installed).
  • Start X-Plane and Cessna 172 and locate the plane on the starting airport of your flight plan.
  • Type "\" (without the quotes) and select the flight plan and load.
  • First waypoint will show on the GPS430.
  • Take off with runway heading set until 400 to 1,000 ft AGL.
  • Switch CDI to GPS mode, activate LOC and activate the autopilot to fly the course.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Dempsey, I've added this to the FAQ :)

Tim. @TimArnot