News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G and X-Plane 11

Started by pepelotte, December 08, 2016, 07:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelotte

Hi community,

does Plan-G work with X-Plane 11? If not, is there a releasedate for a working version?

regards
pepe

mdavis

X-Plane 10 works just fine with Plan-G but I am not able to get XP11 to show up on Plan-G.  Something is different.  I'm using XPUIPC 2.0.0.0.6 I think it is.

tim arnot

Don't have it yet so I can't check (BTW, keep a copy of your X-Plane 10 database before attempting to build for X-Plane 11, just in case. Old data is better than no data.)

And 2, when it's ready.

Tim. @TimArnot

w9nwrwi

I am using X-Plane 11 with Plan-G without problems so far.  If I remember correctly I did not re-run the Plan-G database build when I fired up XP11, so running old XP10 data like Tim said.  Daily flying around, ILS approaches work just fine.  I have not built any flightplans as XP11 still has some FMC quirks that are being addressed, it is a beta run after all.  XP11 uses Navigraph data I think, all that stuff is a different world to me.
Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

pepelotte

Hello Tim,

if i will create a Database with Plan-G and X-Plane 11, the Databasecreation don´t work. I get only a progressbar who run, but with no effect. I´am waited 1-2 hours...

How can i help you to get a licence for x-plane 11?

regards,
pepe

tim arnot

It's a matter of waiting till payday and hoping Christmas didn't break the bank . . .

Tim. @TimArnot

GrumpyOldGamer

You can download the demo for free.. it should be just like the full version i think

I am new to Xplane and just picked up Xplane 11 and am dieing to get this working!

w9nwrwi

The demo has a 15 minute time limit per session, Tim would have to reload every 15 minutes to continue his work. Also the Demo is restricted to the KSEA area, rest of the world will be runway and water.

I imagine some donations to Tim would help him along in his quest for XP11.
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

mdavis

Quote from: w9nwrwi on December 12, 2016, 02:12:53 PM
I am using X-Plane 11 with Plan-G without problems so far.  If I remember correctly I did not re-run the Plan-G database build when I fired up XP11, so running old XP10 data like Tim said.
I have been unable to run Plan-G with XP11.  What did you do to get it to work?  I'm using XPUIPC 2.0.0.0.6 (the current version).  Strange that it won't work.  I know the XP11 scenery is "different" so Plan-G probably cannot "read" it, but it should work fine with XP10 scenery.

tim arnot

The navigation database is pretty much independent of the sim. You'll see some placement differences between X-Plane and FSX (plus a bunch of airports one or the other doesn't have), but it'll "work" just fine.

Tim. @TimArnot

w9nwrwi

mdavis,
Did you run the Build Navigation Database?  You need to point the data base run to the x-plane.exe.  Also, under Plan-g File/Options/FS Connections; is XPUIPC selected?

Like Tim said, you will get it going, probably just a  minor selection problem. Let us know of any errors  or "won't work areas."

So far the only trouble I have seen in XP-11 with plan-G is at KVPS, ILS frequencys are reversed per runways.   Think I will try out the XP-11 Data, see what happens.

EDIT:  just ran the xp-11 data to Plan-G, first blush do not see any problems. Took me about 5 minutes to run it all in.

Chuck

Computer:
X-Plane 11

GrumpyOldGamer

Quote from: w9nwrwi on December 15, 2016, 01:00:26 AM
mdavis,
Did you run the Build Navigation Database?  You need to point the data base run to the x-plane.exe.  Also, under Plan-g File/Options/FS Connections; is XPUIPC selected?

Like Tim said, you will get it going, probably just a  minor selection problem. Let us know of any errors  or "won't work areas."

So far the only trouble I have seen in XP-11 with plan-G is at KVPS, ILS frequencys are reversed per runways.   Think I will try out the XP-11 Data, see what happens.

EDIT:  just ran the xp-11 data to Plan-G, first blush do not see any problems. Took me about 5 minutes to run it all in.

Chuck

Chuck? I selected the Xplane 11 exe and ran it for a few hours? what am i doing wrong,, fresh xplane 11 install.. fresh BETA Plan-G client Just sez "Processing, please wait..... Preparing database for new data"     forever

GrumpyOldGamer

I do think my copy of xplane 11 came with a copy of 10 so if i need to pre-load something maybe to get it working? Finally figured out how to make a flightplan on the GPS in the beachcaraft Baron 58 and got a couple flights in but would love to plan trips with multiple legs etc.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

w9nwrwi

Hmmmmm,
It should work with 11....now if you want you could point plan-g to the xplane 10.exe and see what happens there but like Tim said, it should not make a whole lot of difference.

So you do have XPUIPC checked in the Plan-G File/Options/FS Connections??? 

Chuck

Computer:
X-Plane 11

GrumpyOldGamer

Where do i find this setting exactly, I cant see anything that sez that
Paul