News:

Main Menu

Airport Diagrams

Started by Rensor1au, January 05, 2017, 01:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rensor1au

According to the manual to obtain an airport diagram it is only necessary to right click on the airport. Unfortunately I find that when I do that the dropdown menu does not contain "Show airport chart". Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated

tim arnot

Could you say what airport this happens at? Or show a screenshot of the dropdown menu?

I've never know Plan-G not to generate a chart, even if there's pretty much nothing there.

Tim. @TimArnot

Rensor1au

Tim thanks for quick response. (having something unusual happening to me is normal)

I right clicked on the red triangle, shown I flight plan, and on the airport itself at KHPN and when chart did not appear (the box under aerodrome was there but blank) thought maybe there was no chart for this relatively minor airport. So I tried KJFK and KLAX also with no success.

Have not been able gat a screenshot of the drop down but it is the same as you get by right clicking anywhere on the map, namely,

"Create User Waypoint
  Add User Waypoint to plan
  QDM Range and Bearing
  Display Range Ring
  Hide Range Ring
  Lock Into Panel "

Having just started to learn how to use this program and finding everything so far works perfectly I can understand your comment but hope what I have said makes sense and look forward to further advice,

Sam

tim arnot

Move your mouse off the red triangle while making sure it's still over the airport roundel. Should help.

Tim. @TimArnot

Rensor1au

Thanks
Unfortunately no luck and I clicked all over the airport. Maybe when I have a bit more time I will reinstall and see what happens.

tim arnot

Right click on the airport without the plan present (or on any airport that isn't part of the plan). Do you see the menu entry now?

Tim. @TimArnot

Rensor1au

Thanks Tom. When I tried it again worked fine