News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

32 Blue Rectangles!

Started by freded, March 20, 2017, 04:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freded

When I opened Plan-G just now, the whole screen was covered in 32 contiguous dark blue rectangles, each of which has the words, in red: "Exception: The remote name could not be resolved: 'otile1.mqcdn.com'". And, in light blue: "We are sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region".

The airport and other details, including the aircraft's image, can be seen 'behind' the blue rectangles.

Nothing I have tried will remove the rectangles.

Is there some way of preventing/stopping this phenomenon?

Regards,

Mark
Regards,

Mark

freded

NOTE: I have just discovered setup_Plan-G_3.1.4.123.test.zip and attempted to install it, only to be confronted by: "This program does not support the version of Windows you are running."

I am running Windows 7-64 bit Professional.

What's going on?

Mark
Regards,

Mark

Paulos_Μ (or Paul )

It' s easy. Just change the active map. That's all. ;)

freded

I've changed the Map Provider from 'MapQuest OSM' to each of the others but it was only when trying 'OpenCycleMap' that the blue rectangles disappeared.
It's strange because I've never had this phenomenon before. Why is it sensitive to the Map Provider?
Thanks anyway!  :)
Regards,

Mark

Paulos_Μ (or Paul )

The it isn't from Plan-G but from map provider. Wait for Tin answer.  ???

tim arnot

Mapquest stopped providing map tiles last year. You didn't notice because the tiles you were using were cached locally on your PC. But now, either your tile cache has been cleared, or you're flying somewhere that didn't have cached data.

Tim. @TimArnot

zl2bmh

Just a HU.  I made a post yesterday the 24th April as I had 'red' rectangles with the same written inside every square.

I fixed mine by changing where I had installed it.  I had SSD and should have installed it there but installed it in the C:\
folder instead.  Once installed in the SSD drive where FSX is (D:\) there was no more problem.

Just my pennies worth anyway.
Jim
Computer:PB Gaming 62000,Skylake Core i5 6600 Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD with 2TB HDD, NVIDEA GTX 1070 8GB Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit, 2x 24" HDMI Widescreen.