Durban International airport - FADN

Started by nthnyds, January 28, 2019, 11:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nthnyds

FADN - Durban international airport has been closed for several years.
The new International airport - King Shaka (FALE) is situated north of Durban and north of Virginia (FAVG)
Would appreciate being added to Plan-G a.s.a.p.
I have obviously placed this airport in my data base, bus shows "faded" without any other info being available.

Have attached a zip file.

tim arnot

What do you mean "faded"?
If the scenery is active in your sim, and you have rebuilt the database, then it should show in Plan-G.

Tim. @TimArnot

nthnyds

Good morning Tim.
Airport does show, but as a "faded" diagram. Can fly to it etc.
However, for example, FADN the old Durban airport has a sign above it (Many others also - this is just an example)- a circle with a line through - like the London underground signs, and when you click on this one gets additional drop down information. The King Shaka I have uploaded does not have this.
Additionally, ILS chevrons do not show or ICAO airspace.

This is the information I was asking if Plan-G could add, or is there some way I can add this myself?

tim arnot

Airports in general are denoted by a circle. A bar through the circle denotes the direction of the longest runway. A solid bar indicates the runway is sealed, a hollow bar denotes grass, gravel or some other soft surface. Red indicates military, blue indicates water. A yellow fill indicates the airport is an addon scenery. If there is no bar through the circle, no runways have been defined by the scenery (or they have zero length). If there are no ILS feathers, then none have been defined by the scenery.

You can edit airports within FS using a tool called Airport Design Editor (ADE). It can be found here: http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799

You must rebuild the database in Plan-G to see any changes that you've made. Plan-G only shows airports that are active within FS at the time the database is built.

Tim. @TimArnot