News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

User Waypoints - Import/Export buglet

Started by frankturley, August 21, 2021, 02:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankturley

Just a small bug - while flying in MSFS2020 I stupidly used the FSX data display, and created User Waypoints on the hospital helipads I had managed to locate. I was saved by the Import/Export facility, I exported the UWPs from the FSX UWPs and got the message 3 UWPs successfully exported, but when I imported them into my MSFS2020 UWPs, I got the message 0 out of 3 imported successfully, although the import had worked perfectly.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Are you sure the records weren't already in the database? The only path to not incrementing the import count is if the record is a duplicate (the key is name + category + latitude + longitude, so it should be pretty robust).

Tim. @TimArnot

frankturley

My fault, sorry, I have just checked my Data folder and it contains just one UWpts4.db file. I had erroneously assumed that there would be one for each sim, so those created on the FSX map would not be on the MSFS2020 map. If there is only one file then I have to assume that once a point is created on one map, it will also be shown on the others?

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot