News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Multiple SimConnect.xml Connections

Started by frankturley, September 05, 2021, 11:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankturley

I recently installed the MSFS HUDBar utility, which displays a used defined set of MSFS2020 variables - e.g. airspeed, heading, altitude - on screen. I like digital gauges as I can struggle to read the analogue versions in the cockpit view.

However, when I installed this, it failed to connect to the sim. I discovered that if I renamed SimConnect.xml (the one I created to send Plan-G data across my home network) to Plan-GSimConnect.xml, (a) a new SimConnect.xml appeared, and (b) the HUDBar now worked. Of course, I had now lost my connection across the network to Plan-G.

Time for an experiment - I took the sections <SimConnect.comm> to </SimConnect.comm> from my old Plan-GSimConnect.xml and copied them into the new SimConnect.xml before the final </SimBase.Document>, and saved the edited file. When I ran MSFS2020 I found that I could connect with the HUDBar and Plan-G across the network. Success!

I hope this helps anyone else trying out software which uses SimConnect.xml