News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Disconnect Between P3Dv5 Gate/Ramp Assignments and Plan G Airport Diagrams

Started by howellerman, December 01, 2021, 05:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howellerman

Heya Tim,

I am sooooo grateful you offered a path to P3Dv5 - thank you!

All in all, I like the V4 updates. The one question I have is that when I create and save a new airport location in P3Dv5 using the Start Scenario screen the P3Dv5 pull-down menu does not match, sometimes not even remotely, the gate/ramp assignments that are displayed by Show Airport Diagram under Plan G. I want to use Plan G diagrams since it shows some semblance of what parking spot I will be getting when I load the airport/aircraft, but sometimes it is a real surprise!

I deleted the P3Dv4 data in toto, re-created the database, and believe that all my database references are correctly pointing to P3Dv5. Am I missing something?

Thanks again for the support for V5, Tim.

John Howell

tim arnot

Do you have a specific example? Is this a default airport or an Addon?

Tim. @TimArnot

howellerman

Hi Tim,

It is always an add-on airport, since those are the ones I have chosen to fly from/to.

I will capture a couple of images to show you. Is this a problem endemic to add-on airports?

Thanks!

John Howell

mjrhealth

He would need the airport itself, A screen shot wont show anything, it would be information missing form the airport data itself. Unassigned parking pots etc. If there is an airport editor for P3d it may well be time to learn how to use it and open the offending airport  and see whats missing.

howellerman

Hi Major, Tim,

I think I have identified the culprit (it may be the nut behind the wheel). I reloaded the Plan-G database using the updated airport information and things "changed".

I will continue to investigate.

And yes, I do have Airport Design Editor, which I installed to find out why my local GA airport consumes 6.5GB of VRAM. ADE has a VERY steep learning curve, and I am still perusing tutorials to get a handle on the beast.

Thanks!

John Howell

tim arnot

If it's an addon airport, you do need to rebuild the Plan-G database after installing it, otherwise you'll still see the default airport layout -- which may be very different.

Tim. @TimArnot

howellerman

Thank you, Tim.

I indeed discovered that while adding a new airport and modifying the gate selection at another add-on airport.

Everything works as expected, I just need to remember to rebuild the database after a new airport installation.

Thanks again, Tim!