News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Editing the plan

Started by frankturley, December 18, 2021, 03:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankturley

This is trivial but annoying. The flight plan is displayed in two sections - the top part which includes the title, the headings, and the waypoints, and the bottom part, which starts at "Start Pos", and between the two there is a dark grey bar. Sometimes I can adjust the height of the bottom section using the mouse on the the bar, and sometimes I can't - and I can't figure out why! Any answers anybody?

tim arnot

The split bar between the two sections should always be draggable. If it's not... please take a screenshot of it, and we'll see if we can figure out why, and fix it.

Also, try to remember what actions you'd performed prior to not being able to move the bar - it could be there's something that's disabling it.

Tim. @TimArnot

frankturley

I've managed to reproduce it -
(a) Prepare plan in usual way using MSFS data.
(b) In the data tab screen, press "Display FSX Data"
Hovering over the centre bar doesn't show the up/down arrows.

I guess its not a usual thing to do, but I've recently been comparing the available airfields in each sim.

Hope that helps.

tim arnot

Thanks Frank, I'll check it out when I have the PC fired up tomorrow. It does sound like it's a bit of an edge case...

Tim. @TimArnot

frankturley

It also manifests itself when switching from FSX data to MSFS data with a plan already loaded. It seems switching the data source upsets the plan editing.

tim arnot

That could upset the plan anyway - the waypoints in one database might not be in the other...

Tim. @TimArnot

frankturley

Which was the reason why I was switching, to check FSX v. MSFS2020 airfields.

frankturley

If you switch from one data set, e.g. FSX, to another, e.g. MS2020, before loading any plan at all, the bug manifests itself.

tim arnot

As far as I can tell, it's only cosmetic, i.e. the cursor doesn't change as you move over the bar, but the bar is still draggable. It's fixed in the next build.

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/?wpdmpro=plan-g-v4-0-0-256

Tim. @TimArnot

frankturley

Confirm fixed in v4 v258, thanks Tim.