News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

IVAO traffic in v255

Started by reatalk228, January 08, 2022, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reatalk228

I no longer get the "green" IVAO traffic on my map. I can only get the "blue" VATSIM, is there something I missed in the setup?

tim arnot

It's working from here - maybe there are connection issues between you and their server.

Tim. @TimArnot

reatalk228

It was working when v255 originally released, but about a month ago it stopped, vatsim works fine but nothing shows up for IVAO. Online Poll is set to 30 secs for each.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

reatalk228

Completely empty for IVAO....VATSIM still works fine and I checked to make sure it is v255. The crazy part is it was working fine the first 2-3 weeks then all of a sudden it stopped. I figured a server issue until it never came back even after a reinstall of Plan G v255. The poll settings are set to 30sec...i tried 15 and 60 still no luck...anything you got i'll try thanks.

tim arnot

I'll put some more logging in there, see if it shows anything - hopefully this weekend.

Tim. @TimArnot

reatalk228

tim arnot

I've added some extra logging around IVAO downloads. This is what you should see in the log file:

13:24:35.3 Connecting to IVAO v2 Whazzup server.
13:24:35.3 Timer = 60 seconds.
13:24:35.3 Attempting IVAO download.
13:24:37.3 Processing IVAO JSON data
13:24:37.4 69 Controller records.
13:24:37.4 889 Pilot records.

Additionally, you should see a file "whazzup.json" in your Plan-Gv4 Files\ivao folder (you may need to Show Hidden Files and Folders, as this is normally hidden)

Here's the download link: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/?wpdmpro=plan-g-v4-0-0-256

Tim. @TimArnot

reatalk228

22:39:12.5 Connecting to IVAO v2 Whazzup server.
22:39:12.5 Timer = 30 seconds.
22:39:12.5 Attempting IVAO download.
22:39:12.5 Processing IVAO JSON data
22:39:12.6 ProcessIvaoJsonFile: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files\ivao\whazzup.json'.
   at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ValidateArgsAndOpenPath(String path, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at System.IO.File.ReadAllText(String path)
   at Plan_G.Model.Ivao.ProcessIvaoJsonFile(String fileName) in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\Plan-G\Model\Ivao.cs:line 118

reatalk228

There is only a VATSIM folder...I reinstalled the version you sent me after removing all plan G folders and this is the result,thanks

tim arnot

Hmmm. That tells me it doesn't get a file back from the Ivao server, but it also doesn't get an error. You could try manually creating the Ivao folder. I don't think it should make a difference, but you never know...

I don't know why it would return no file and no error. I'd expect some kind of error (bad url, server busy, access denied etc...) I'll need to investigate that further.

Tim. @TimArnot

reatalk228

Ok, whatever you suggest I'll try. I seem to be the only person having this issue...whatever you recommend I will try, Plan G has Been my "go to" for about 10 years...If IVAO doesn't work I'll stay on VATSIM for the time being...thanks again.

tim arnot

It definitely looks like if you create the Plan-Gv4 Files/ivao folder by hand, it should start working.

Tim. @TimArnot

reatalk228

yes sir, I just created the folder and it's working now, thanks for the easy fix...hopefully this helps someone else with the issue...thanks again