News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Connect to Sim Aircraft in P3DV5 Appears to Attempt an MSFS Connection

Started by howellerman, February 06, 2022, 05:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howellerman

Heya Tim,

Updated to the newest version (258) and when I attempt to connect Plan-G to the simulator (P3DV5.3 HF2) I get a "bonk" tone and it fails.

Viewing the log, here is what I see:

Initiating SimConnect MSFS BB connection.
20:51:38.2 Connect
20:51:38.2 SimConnect.Connect - Remote. Mode = IPv4 Server = localhost Port = 500
20:51:43.3 SimConnect connection attempt timed out
20:51:43.3 Disconnect

I don't think that is going to work?

Thanks!
John Howell

tim arnot

Did you set P3D in the SimConnect Options? It works fine for me with the correct setting.

(I've had one or two reports of preferences not being copied to the new version, so it's worth just checking even if you thought it was already set.)

Tim. @TimArnot

howellerman

Thanks, Tim - that was indeed the case.

Now I have something to watch when I get around to enabling my Deluxe installation of MSFS around "Update Eleventy" or thereabouts.

Thanks again!

SarenAviation

Quote from: tim arnot on February 06, 2022, 08:39:47 AM
Did you set P3D in the SimConnect Options? It works fine for me with the correct setting.

Hi I am having the same problem, where i cant connect to p3d v5 nor msfs...could you please tell me where the simconnect options are ?
thanks

tim arnot

Two ways: either

* Click the Options button at the bottom right of the Flight Simulator ribbon section (there are options buttons for many functions in this manner)

or

* File -> Options -> FS Connection.

Either will get you to the same options dialog.

Tim. @TimArnot