News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

MSFS2020 KXNI Disused?

Started by frankturley, April 07, 2022, 04:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankturley

I have been using Plan-G to plan hops across the USA, and I have come across a couple of airfields not fully recognised by MSFS2020. The first one I just thought was odd - I could land there, and it appeared in my log, but I could not select it to take off from. I did appear with yellow crosses on the runway. I'm sorry I've lost the ICAO.

The second one - KXNI - appears to have the same symptoms. I didn't land there but diverted to KZUN, but it did have the yellow runway crosses. I am concluding that both these airfields are now disused, but Plan-G has identified them as live. Is this correct ?

frankturley

Just tracked down the first problem airfield - KDBQ - my log says I landed there, but I can't select it as a start location.

tim arnot

The same thing happens to me with different airfields. MS have been culling disused airfields from their database. Bloody annoying if you ask me, and there's not much we can do about it (other than find an Addon for that airport).

Every sim update brings "interesting" new challenges...

Tim. @TimArnot

frankturley

It just struck me as odd that they know the airfield exists - or existed - because landing there puts the correct ICAO code into the log, but then they don't allow you to start a flight there.

tim arnot

Yeah. They took Manston away a few months ago too, and that was (don't know its current status) scheduled to reopen RW this year...

Tim. @TimArnot