News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Help please! V4.0.0.259 missing airports etc.

Started by Ikaruspilot, April 09, 2022, 04:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikaruspilot

I am sure that I am missing something or some action when I installed V4.0.0.259 because for P3D v4 I am missing some airports and other map items.  For example EGHS EGLS .......EGLL etc. For FSX I do not have this problem!

I reinstalled the software but I still have the problem and so I have reverted back to v 3.2.2.167 and all is well.

Any help with this issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks folks
Cliff Hargrave
Cheers

Cliff Hargrave

tim arnot

When you built the P3D database for v4 were there any errors? What did the log say? The Plan-G_NavDataP3D.db file (in Plan-Gv4 Files\Data) should be approximately 171,860 KB (give or take, depending on add ons)

Also, are the airports just missing from the map display (ie are they present in a search list?) If so, you may just need to adjust what's displayed via the Map ribbon.

Tim. @TimArnot

Ikaruspilot

Hi Tim

I did not get any errors displayed when the build P3D database occurred and I do not know where to find the log.

The Plan-G_NavDataP3D.db file is 165664kb.

I think that the airports are indeed missing because when I try to "find airport"  they do not appear.

Cheers

Cliff Hargrave

tim arnot

Please do another database build and then attach the log file here. The log file is in My Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files. More details are in the Quick Start Guide.

Tim. @TimArnot

Ikaruspilot

Thanks Tim

Requested Log etc attached, and a map showing that EGHS is missing.
Cheers

Cliff Hargrave

tim arnot

Thanks.
I can't see any problems in your log. I notice you've specified folder locations, which isn't particularly recommended (unless you have registry problems), but since you've specified the correct folder, it shouldn't be an issue.
The standout observation is that you get fewer airports/facilities compared to me:

24811 airports vs 25642
7750 VORs vs 7802
8211 NDBs vs 8451
105525 intersections vs 106092

but you have more airways
79444 vs 79095

This suggests that the issue may be to do with addons. Orbx particularly had problems (don't know if this is still the case) whereby they couldn't have all regions active at the same time. Which meant that the scenery.cfg was always incomplete. To work around that, we have the AdditionalSceneryLocations.txt file. I notice that you don't have that set in v4. Did you have it in v3? If so, copy it across to your Plan-Gv4 Files folder, and rebuild the database. Hopefully all the airports will be back.

Tim. @TimArnot

Ikaruspilot

Hello again Tim

I am unsure of the location of the AdditionalSceneryLocations.txt file but if it is in the scenery.cfg file I could not find it in either v3 or v4.
Options/Locations shows nothing significent in either v3 or v4.

I have deleted and reinstalled v4, removed references in the database build options - settings (except for C:\Users\Cliff\Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files) and tried to build the P3D database.  The build only runs for a couple of seconds and no database is built and I have "NO" airports etc.  FSX works fine.

I guess that I will continue with v3 which appears to provide me with everything that I need.

Many thanks for your advice.

Cliff
Cheers

Cliff Hargrave

tim arnot

AdditionalSceneryLocations.txt is in My Documents\Plan-G Files. Copy it to My Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files.

Tim. @TimArnot

Ikaruspilot

I copied the AdditionalSceneryLocations.txt file to My Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files and reran the build P3d database which this time ran for a fair while however nothing has changed.

It seems that V 3.2.2 is my way forward.

Thanks for your help Tim

Cliff
Cheers

Cliff Hargrave