News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Error importing flight plans into FSX

Started by MDF, October 09, 2022, 09:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDF

I have been trying to import a VOR flight plan from plan G into FSX SE flight planner to use with default ATC. The import works ok and the VOR'S are all listed but the flight planner map shows a red dot west of Africa and no route.

If I export the route from Plan G as a 2004 file it loads fine. I have then noticed that if I create a route using the flight planner in FSX and save it I get the same error if I try to reload it. Why would this be happening, has anyone else got this problem or know a solution.

tim arnot

Could you attach the flight plan? Then we can look into it. Thanks.

"West of Africa" is typically Latitude 0. Longitude 0, which suggests there's a problem with one or more of your waypoints, or at least their location, resulting in them being plotted at 0,0.

Tim. @TimArnot

MDF

This is the exported file. Thanks for looking.

tim arnot

It's working fine for me here, although I have the regular DVD edition, not Steam.

You mention
Quote from: MDF on October 09, 2022, 09:19:16 PMif I create a route using the flight planner in FSX and save it I get the same error if I try to reload it.

Which suggests the problem is with FSX or your PC. Has anything changed recently? Steam updated the app for instance. Or has the computer's language setting changed? That could affect number formatting which might make coordinates unreadable. (MSFS just made a unilateral change that is giving some people this problem).
I'm assuming this or a similar flightplan has worked before with no problem - please correct me if that's not the case.

The FS9 export is a different format, but it's read compatible in FSX, so that is at least a workaround.

Tim. @TimArnot