News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

v4.1.2.265 zip file download problem

Started by acorkhill, November 16, 2022, 05:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acorkhill

I have downloaded this file several times but unfortunately there is an error when I unzip it - Windows reports that it can not open the file as it is invalid.

Thanks for any solution!

tim arnot

Are you using the built in zip, or an Addon? Do you use a download manager and / or antivirus?

I've just downloaded & unzipped it here with no problem (win 10, chrome, windows defender, built-in zip. Also MacOS Ventura)

Tim. @TimArnot

stevemed2014

Hi,

Yes there is a problem with the download it only downloads at 130 kb/s and finishes downloading after about 50 MB.
It then says there is data lost in the zip file and when you unzip it there is no actual plan-g application to run.

this is using MS edge I tried opera as well, they both do it.

Regards,
Steve

tim arnot

Ok, I'm trying a different downloads manager. Please let me know if this works:

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/?download=1175

Tim. @TimArnot

frankturley

tim arnot

While I can put the file on Dropbox, this is not a long term solution. Are you sure there's not an antivirus or download manager or some other plugin that's interfering? Because the vast majority of people are downloading it without problem.
I've even downloaded it on my phone in a cafe without a problem (other than it being a slow connection)

I've tried two different download servers from two different companies now. I'm not sure what else I could do. (well, I could move the entire site from it's current host and relocate it somewhere else, but there's no guarantee even that would make a difference.

I'll wait for the other people to try the new link (there's only been 4 downloads from this link so far and 3 of those were me)
Otherwise, I'm at a loss.

Tim. @TimArnot

frankturley

Tried the download from the home page yesterday, that worked ok, the link on the forum didn't.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

mjrhealth

I actually used my Linux laptop to download it. Got zip error no matter what browser i used on windows, Firefox and Edge. I think teh file size was wrong 95meg instead of 100 and something

lorecaffe

I am also having problems with the link posted in this thread, as well as the link in the home page. Tried with different browsers but nothing.

Must be server problems, some users from some locations cannot download it fine. (I'm from Italy for example). Download speed is also very slow, while the dropbox version of the previous files is 5 times faster.

Could you please provide the dropbox also for this newever version?

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingJunk

Hi All,

This is my first post. I find PlanG so much easier to use than LittleNavMap so thanks for creating it.

I wonder if this is a problem with Firefox - multiple failed attempts with my favourite browser but as soon as I switched to Edge (just for this!) the archive downloaded and unzipped normally.

Der Rote Baron

Quote from: FlyingJunk on November 26, 2022, 11:12:44 AMI wonder if this is a problem with Firefox - multiple failed attempts with my favourite browser but as soon as I switched to Edge (just for this!) the archive downloaded and unzipped normally.
It's not an exclusive FF problem. Had the same issue with Vivaldi (downloaded only about 50MB at 100kb/s). Dropbox link worked fine of course.

peter n

hi, i have the same issue downloading from the page link. eset antivirus, win11, and 106mb download speed. so its not my pc. the link to dropbox works a treat and is down in seconds

cheers

Peter