News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

No ISECS, no autopilot, what gives?

Started by hospitaller, November 17, 2022, 10:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hospitaller

Hello,
I used to fly using Plan-G about 5 years ago (whatever version that was at the time) and when creating my flight plans I could search and choose isecs, and I could fly using a rudimentary autopilot (fly the flight plan).

Now with this new version 4, I can't find any isecs even if I check them, and once I create a basic flight plan (airport to airport since I can't find much else) I have no way of flying it with an AP.

Am I missing something or is this what the new version is about?

The website claims this version has AP but where/how?
The user manual is woefully outdated, and even though the installation package is telling me the location of a user manual on my disk...it is not there.

So, not understanding what is the issue.

Any assistance perhaps?
Thank you.

tim arnot

Ok, some basic questions first:

What simulator are you using?
Have you built the navigation database for that simulator, and is it selected? (on the data ribbon)

The manual is for v3, which would have been current 5 years ago. It is still applicable and really only lacks information about new stuff added to v4 (e.g. logbook etc). Even though there are visual changes over v3, basic functionality is pretty much the same. I'm working on a new manual, but I'm just one guy...

Intersections are enabled/disabled from the Map ribbon. As with all map marker elements they are subject to a minimum zoom level (which can be set or changed from the Navaid Marker Options popup - manual page 52)

Let us also consider that the database might be incomplete or corrupted (e.g. the ISECs are missing) for some reason. An indication of the file size will tell me if that's likely. You'll find the database in

My Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files\Data

and the file is

Plan-G_NavData{simulator}.db

Autopilot functionality is still provided as part of the Radio Stack panel, accessed from the View ribbon (manual page 72).

Tim. @TimArnot

hospitaller

Hello, and thanks again for a great and useful software, I'm sure I'm just confused as to where things are given my time away from using it.

I am using MSFS 2020, the Plan-G_NavDataMSFS.db size is roughly 573Mb. No matter what zoom level I set, there is just no ISECS anywhere, and I can't find a way to simply search for them/type their name.

tim arnot

That sounds kinda small. I'd expect it to be around 830MB for MSFS. It definitely sounds like the ISECs are missing.

(To search go to the Home ribbon and click on Find. Intersections are the 4th item in the dropdown. Click the name rather than the icon to get the menu.)

Try building the database again (use a freshly rebooted PC and build immediately after starting Plan-G, just to eliminate any potential memory issues). Then if the database is still undersize, please attach the log file here (Plan-Gv4 Files\Plan-Gv4Log.txt), and I'll be able to diagnose it further.

Tim. @TimArnot