News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-G V0.8.1 won't work start up anymore?

Started by Wigwag, September 24, 2010, 04:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wigwag

My Plan-G has worked great for the last year or so since I installed it, up until now. The initial screen of Plan-G loads but when it would be time to display the map I get a window that pops up saying "Plan-G is unable to launch the googlemaps interface, please check" and it lists these items:
- my Internet Explorer has not changed but I don't know what version it is, again plan-g worked for a year now
- I checked that my Java script, Active X, and Binary Behaviours are all enabled
- I cleared the browser cache
- last it mentions check your security settings (and maybe thats my problem) as I'm not sure what to do here, and I'm not good with computers.

At this time I will mention one change that was made with my computer. My free AVG antivirus program did not seem to scan this last time I tried it so I unistalled it through the add/remove control panel and reinstalled the latest free version again. I then ran a virus scan, spybot scan, and malaware scan and no issues were detected. I did ran the defrag and also verified that my google maps program works just fine.

Any ideas what might be happening? Should I delete the AVG antivirus altogether and see what happens? Thanks.

tim arnot

It could well be AVG that's blocking it. Try disabling it first, and if that works, there should be a setting in there somewhere that lets you tell it about 'good' programs (I don't have AVG so I can't be any more specific)

Tim. @TimArnot

Wigwag

I tried to disable AVG, but can't, as there seems to be a problem. It doesn't function right now and I can't do anything with it. I tried to remove it alltogether and can't as it gets some wierd error and says it can't remove it. I then went to AVG website and used their own removal tool program which won't remove it either. So I have an antivirus program that worked for several months, but now doesn't function, can't be updated, and can't be removed.  I see there are others online also having issues trying to remove it. Funny thing is they keep asking if I want to buy their product. Ya right....

The good news is after hours of messing around around trying to sort out the AVG issues my stuff my Plan-G seems to start up now and the map is displayed. I will try it out this week and see how it works, but I expect it will. I don't even know what I did to get it to work.

Anyway thanks Tim. I will continue on the AVG isseues when time permits.   

Joe M

Wigwag,
Your non-removal problem may be caused by the program itself still running some components. Try booting to safe-mode and then removing the program. That may do it.

Joe

Wigwag

Yep, did a flight last night and my Plan-G works great. Thanks Joe I will try that out.