News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

No USA VORs

Started by dsflyerds, October 08, 2010, 12:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsflyerds

There are no VORs in the USA I have tried updated the databases 3 times but still nothing can anyone help?

Joe M

If you don't show airports, ndb's, or others check the version of FS that P-G is looking for (FS9 or FSX). Otherwise Tim will need a copy of your log to analyze (usually at c:\program files\TA Software\plan-g\plan-g_log.txt

dsflyerds

i set evey thing up correctly see attached for the log

tim arnot

There doesn't appear to be a problem with the database. Do you see VORs in other parts of the world? What zoom level are you at?

Could you upload a screenshot of the Plan-G window with the Map Settings ribbon visible?

Tim. @TimArnot

dsflyerds

Yes i see vors in the Europe, Africa and Asia, but nothing in the us where i need it most screen shot attached

tim arnot

You ought to see a VOR and an ILS in that picture. If you open the Find VORs dialog, are they listed in that?

Tim. @TimArnot

dsflyerds

no i have searched i came up with nothing

tim arnot

Hmm. Can you show the log for just starting up and displaying that piece of map? (delete the existing log file before you start Plan-G, then it'll just contain that data)

Are you running across a network, or just on one PC? What is your OS?

Tim. @TimArnot

dsflyerds

Attached is the log, i am running plan g on just one computer,  I run 64 Bit Windows 7

tim arnot

Are you running as administrator? UAC?

Tim. @TimArnot

dsflyerds

yes it is being run as and admin

tim arnot

Ok. Your db build shows about the right number of VORs. There are no pertinant errors in the log. It's not a W7 issue (you get VORs in other places)

Do the VORs show up in FS? I'm wondering if you've got some addon scenery that masks them out...

Otherwise  I'm right out of ideas.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Do you have MS Access or Excel? If so, you could open the database in that, and physically check the VORs are present, have the correct lat/lon etc..

Tim. @TimArnot

dsflyerds

Where do I find the database?

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot