News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

No USA VORs

Started by dsflyerds, October 08, 2010, 12:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsflyerds

There are no VOR's present for the usa in that database.

dsflyerds

Is there any more information on how to remedy this issue

tim arnot

Not at the moment. Are yoy 100% sure that the VORs are not in the db? The log clearly shows the correct number being written, with no errors. How are you doing the search?

Tim. @TimArnot

dsflyerds

You are telling me there are only 7000 plus VOR's in the world? i think that's a bit low, The vors show up correctly in the simulator. When i searched for the vors in the data base i did common ones that i knew the names of  LAS, PIE, CYY, etc but it came up with nothing

tim arnot

Yup. There are 7675 VORs in default FSX and 7379 in FS9. Your log showed 7684 written, which must therefore include some addons.

Try ordering by region code, The US VORS are coded K1 through K7.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

If that doesn't work, here is an FSX db from my PC (24MB). The VORs are definitely in it, and you should see something like this:

[smg id=27 type=full]

Let me know how you get on.

Tim. @TimArnot

dsflyerds

Thanks Tim it works!!! Thanks for your help 8)

Sherman M. Kaplan

Tim and others,
This is an interesting coincidence. I posted a similar problem (Many missing VORs) today at flightsim, with a note that I was also going to post at this forum when home from work. So, here I am, about to post, and this is the first post on the current forum list. I also replaced with your PG.mdb and that seems to have solved the problem. BTW, this is not a new issue with me. It has been evident for some time. But, for one reason or another, I did not take the time to raise the issue, until today. All seems well. Again, thanks.

Sherm