News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Airport chart problem

Started by A400, November 25, 2010, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A400

Plan G successfully downloaded and installed. Therefore, I cannot display correctly airport chart when solicited by right click. I obtain only few points.

I must now discover all new functions of Plan G 2.0

GAJ52

Use your mouse thumbwheel to resize the airfield chart
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit / i7-3770K @ 4.40 Ghz / 8 GB Ram / Nvidia GTX 680 2 GB / FSX

A400

tim arnot

Can you please identify the airport, and exactly what is the problem you have with it. Also state whether this is an addon airport or default. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

RabbiT_CZ

Thanks for Plan-G 2.0. It looks really great.
But On my PC it has some minor graphical bugs. I have same problem with airport diagrams as A400. There are also some graphical glitches in File menu. And during database building the window turn into big progress bar.
The problem with diagrams is on all airports for me. The attachment shows default EGLL
I have W7 Professional x64 on my PC. On netbook with W7 Pro x32 there are no problems with graphics but the problem with diagrams is also here.

tim arnot

Does the airport problem only happen on the PC with the graphics anomolies, or does it happen on both? (did you build the db on the netbook across your LAN, or did you copy the data folder across from the main PC?) On the face of it, if that happens everywhere, it looks as though there may have been errors building the database. Have a look in the log file (Plan-G_Log.txt) and see if it shows any errors (it'll most probably be near the end, after it's read through all the scenery entries, and is trying to write the data out)

Since this is W7, do you have UAC switched off? Have you tried Run As Administrator?

As for the progress bar and menus, all I can think of is that it might be graphics card related. What card do you have, and are the drivers up to date?

Tim. @TimArnot

RabbiT_CZ

The problem with airport diagrams is on both (PC and NB). I built DB on both computers. On netbook via network.
I looked into the log and there are a lot of errors.
Example from log:
12:23:13.6 Error saving runway for airport 4I3: The count of column names and source expressions do not match. [ Column name count = 15,Source expression count = 17 ]
SQL = INSERT INTO Runways (ICAO, Surface, Length, Width,Heading, [PrimaryRunway], [PrimaryDesignator], [SecondaryRunway], [SecondaryDesignator], [CircuitAlt], Markings, Lighting, Pattern, Latitude, Longitude) VALUES ('4I3',4,1522.171,22.86,97.7,10,0,28,0,246.2784,55,2,0,40,3287097066641,-82,5237652659416);

or

12:28:28.5 Error writing ApronVertices: The count of column names and source expressions do not match. [ Column name count = 5,Source expression count = 7 ]

Complete log has 133MB :) Its full of these errors. I uploaded it to http://tomaskralicek.ic.cz/public/Plan-G_Log.zip (zipped it has 2.5MB)

I have UAC enabled.
FSX installation path is D:\Flight Simulator X\
Plan-G is also on D: drive.
I have following addons:
UTX Europe, GroundEnv Europe and REX 2.0. FSX is completely reinstalled recently (last weekend).

I will try to rebuild database running the Plan-G as admin.

The problem with graphical glitches is solved. It is really caused by graphic. I have actual drivers, but in my case it was caused by RadeonPro application.

RabbiT_CZ

I found the problem in your application :)
When I look on these errors and on values I found that there is bad interpretation of the decimal separator. In some countries (like Czech Republic) is used comma as decimal separator. So we have 1/2 = 0,5 and in English speaking countries it is 0.5. And your application is probably using current regional settings in Windows but FS data are using dot as separator.

It could be solved by changing decimal separator in Control Panel in Regional Settings.

So now it is working for me ;)

tim arnot

Ah, ok thanks. I'll make sure that gets fixed (we have members of the test team that use commas for decimal separators, so I'm surprised it wasn't found before.  :-[)

Tim. @TimArnot

Dieter

Thank you very much for this great tool in the new version!

- I have the same problem as the other user mentioned above. Probably it's this "country bug", too.
I'm running Win7 PremiumHome 64 bit German version, FSX Gold German version.
Germany has decimals  with the comma, too. ( 0,5 )
What I understand from reading this forum so far, there will be an update for this, right?

- Something else is strange. I cannot run Plan-G as "Administrator" when clicking right on the icon.

Any advice is appreciated.

Greetings
Dieter

Skynet

I just posted the instructions for the comma issue in another thread. Hopefully that will get you going.

For the Run As Administrator, if you delete the shortcut created by the installer, and then create a new one (Program Files\TA Software\Plan-G\Plan-G.exe or wherever you installed it), that should then let you run as Administrator.

Hope that helps.

SN

A400

I looked line by line Plan-G_Log.txt, and noticed no error.
Then, I uninstalled Plan G V2, and reinstalled it.

Now, airport chart works with FS9 and not with FSX, but it does not matter for me, as FSX is a very bad product to fly helicopters (almost the same as a Gameboy).

Changing "," by "." as no effect on the way Plan G V2 works on my computer.

Dieter

@Skynet
thanks for your help. Plan-G is working now for me.

Dieter