News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

NET.Framework Installed but no Plan-G

Started by falcon409, November 25, 2010, 02:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falcon409

Tim,

I have the following versions of NET.Framework Installed:
1.0, 1.1, 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, 4.0 Full Client

I still get an error message when running (or trying to run) Plan-G, that I need to install Version 4.0.

Addendum: Forgot to mention that I'm using Win7 Ultimate/64bit

tim arnot

Is this when you run Setup, or did Setup complete ok? (Setup has a check in it that should download and install .Net 4 CP if it needs to)

Client Profile (CP) is supposed to be a subset of the full .Net 4.0, and if you have the full monty installed (according to MS), you should not need a separate CP download...

I see from a quick google that there is a 'security update' available for .Net 4 ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=6ce703b7-08a5-4eff-a062-d5dc720908f6&displaylang=en ) Do you have this installed?

Tim. @TimArnot

falcon409

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick response. I get the error message after the installation has completed and I attempt to run the Plan-G program. I do have the update to 4.0 installed but I still get the error message.

tim arnot

Hmm. Can you quote me the exact text of the message, and I'll see what I can dig up...

Tim. @TimArnot

falcon409

Here's a screenshot of the NetCheck utility findings and the error message.

cattz

Tim, I have similar problem,
Set up completes and I have .net 4 (extended and client) Win 7 64 bit.
This pops up as soon as I try to start Plan-G.
(Old version deleted and fresh install of V2)

falcon409

Hmmm, a bit different, but it could be related somehow. Tim I uninstalled 4.0/Extended and reinstalled. . .rebooting each time as instructed, but the error message remains. I'm just wondering if the Registry Cleaner I ran recently has had a hand in this. Is it possible that enough of these various versions remains to allow the NetCheck to see them, but not enough to be functional?

Also, if 4.0 is in fact installed is that all that's required or are the earlier versions also supposed to be installed?

tim arnot

As I understand it, the dependency is only for 4.0 -- it doesn't care whether the previous versions are there or not.

Tim. @TimArnot

falcon409

Thanks Tim,

I'll be gone the rest of the day. . . .Thanksgiving you know. . . .so I'll mess with this later this evening when I have time again.

cattz

I now have my Plan-G up and running.
What I did:
Deleted (via control panel) the V2.
Deleted all references to V1 including the folder.
Re installed V2 (to a non standard location)
Ran 1st time (built data base etc)
So maybe deleting everything first may help.
Many thanks, Tim, for an excellent V2 prog.

falcon409

Well, sorry to say, I've deleted Plan-G. It just continues to give me the error that I must install .NET 4.0. I have all of the .NET versions installed up to and including 4.0 Full. Thanks Tim for your input, but this is a bit more of a problem than I need for a program to work.

falcon409

Tim,

Got your e-mail this morning and uninstalled Plan-G, removed all references I could find and installed the file you sent. No difference, it still doesn't recognize that I have 4.0 installed. I've gone back and uninstalled 3.5 SP1 and 4.0 and then reinstalled just to be sure and it makes no difference to Plan-G, for whatever reason, whatever it looks for on my system, it's not seeing what it expects to see and I'm not really interested in troubleshooting this beyond what I've already done. Too bad, it looks like you've made some nice improvements to this build, but it's just not going to work on my computer. Thanks again for you help in trying to correct the problem.

arno

Quote from: falcon409 on November 25, 2010, 02:54:44 PM
Addendum: Forgot to mention that I'm using Win7 Ultimate/64bit

Falcon. Did you install Plan-G as a "administrator"?

tim arnot

Hmm. Ok, thanks - it was a long shot anyway. About the only other thing I can suggest is to uninstall .net 4 and then let the Plan-G installer reinstall it itself. Although given what you've already tried, I don't hold out a lot of hope on that either. I've tried googling around the issue to see what suggestions there might be on the web, but other than performing a clean boot diagnostic, there doesn't seem to be any sure fire solution, although there are a number of people experiencing the same problem with a variety of apps.

Sorry it's not working out.  :-[

Tim. @TimArnot

falcon409

After googling the inability of a program to identify .NET 4.0 I found a netverification tool and ran it. It was able to verify and pass all versions except 4.0 Full and Client. It found approx 4 "dll" files that it said were not installed. This after uninstalling Plan-G, uninstalling .NET 4.0 (both), then reinstalling Plan-G (it did not install anything for .NET 4.0) and then reinstalling 4.0 manually and even running 4.0 repair after Plan-G again refused to recognize it's presence. For whatever reason, .NET 4.0 is not installing correctly, so I'm done messing with it until I can figure out why 4.0 isn't installing correctly.