News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Database won't build

Started by stormtrooper271, November 25, 2010, 05:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormtrooper271

I've attempted to build a database in FSX and after the builder scans my scenery and builds airspace boundaries nothing happens, the builder just closes and no airports or airspace boundaries show up.

tim arnot

Can you zip up and post the log file please (Plan-G_Log.txt)
Thanks

Tim. @TimArnot

stormtrooper271

tim arnot

Thanks. Do you have UAC turned on? If so try turning it off. Also, try right-clicking the Plan-G icon and selecting 'Run As Administrator'.

Tim. @TimArnot

stormtrooper271

I just copied the Plan-G folder out of program files and pasted it to my desktop and everything seems to be running fine now.

F-DFLY

Bonsoir et merci pour cet excellent programme.
J'ai un problème avec la création de la base de donnée.
Le chargement est très rapide et que 199 aérodromes de chargés alors que dans la version 1.9 il y en a plus de 20000.
Je suis sous seven 64 et net.framework 4.
je joins mon fichier log.
Daniel.

tim arnot

Bonjour,

It seems that on some PCs there is a problem finding the FSX location. You will need to set the FSX Program location manually in options.

File -> Options ->Locations -> FSX Program

Then browse to your FSX.exe. Once you have done that, the database should build correctly.

Hope that helps.

Quote from: F-DFLY on November 25, 2010, 05:50:35 PM
Bonsoir et merci pour cet excellent programme.
J'ai un problème avec la création de la base de donnée.
Le chargement est très rapide et que 199 aérodromes de chargés alors que dans la version 1.9 il y en a plus de 20000.
Je suis sous seven 64 et net.framework 4.
je joins mon fichier log.

Tim. @TimArnot

F-DFLY

Bonjour.
Merci Tim, tout fonctionne maintenant.
Je voudrais faire une donation, mais je ne trouve pas le lien?
Daniel.

dolphin002

Hi Tim,

thank you for your amazing tool :). Have the same problem to create the database. I do this automatically & manually with the right FS file locations but have always after the database builder is finish (without error message) the green info "first data please generate a database. One more Problem is i cant run the program in Admin Mode, i klick on the right botton of the PlanG icon but i dont see the admin mode. Have Win7 homeProf. 64bit.

a3g

Jimmy

tim arnot

Quote from: F-DFLY on November 26, 2010, 12:56:38 PM
Bonjour.
Merci Tim, tout fonctionne maintenant.
Je voudrais faire une donation, mais je ne trouve pas le lien?

Excellent  :)

The link is on the main site (Click 'Main Site' at the top of this page). Thanks  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

vgbaron

Just as a FYI - if you rightclick the P-G icon and select properties then compatability, there is a checkbox for Run As Administrator.

Vic
P3D#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - 2-GTX1070 SLI 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
P3D#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX680 DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+