News:

Main Menu

FSX database problem

Started by Yorkshire, November 25, 2010, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco Metzgen

Quote from: tim arnot on November 26, 2010, 12:28:58 AM
Where is your FSX located? Plan-G *is* picking up the correct location for the cfg file, but it's possible your FS is located somewhere else?

Also, did you install for all users, or yourself only. What about FSX?

Hi Tim,

Thank you for responding.  All of my FSX was installed as default, see the address of my fsx.exe - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X".  I installed PG 2.0 for all users and I belive that I did the same for FSX.  Anyway, there is only one user on this computer.

I'm convinced that this is only an inconvenience on a great product.  As you can see from this forum, I'm not the only one having difficulties building the database.  Good luck in resolving this issue.  You're a star!

Marco

Lucevan

Hi

It seems that irrespective of what location I put in File/Options/Locations when I press build database it heads off to the default FSX folder to look for the data.

Thanks

Peter

tim arnot

Could you upload your log file? thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Lucevan

Log attached.

I hope

Cheers

Peter

Lucevan

Sorry that was the old one.

Try again

BertAtHome

Same problem here! I could resolve it by moving the whole program folder in the root C:\ of my PC.
Database will than build fine and program runs

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

Lucevan

Yippeeeee

I don't whether it was your changes or just that I managed to do it properly this time, but either way I'm sorted.

I did have to browse to the locations, but it did then build the database.

Many thanks for interest and assistance.

Peter :)

Marco Metzgen

All sorted!  Moved the whole PG folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\TA Software to the desktop, then it worked as per the tin's label.  Perfect and lovely.  Once the database was built the folder was relocated to its original location.

dooderino

as an alternative, use the "take ownership" tool (search for it on google) on the Plan G Folder in the Program File directory. Just tried it and works fine.

Marco Metzgen

Hi All,

Just installed the new version 2.0.1.  Fantastic!  It worked first time by following all the instructions as laid out in the "Read Me" file.

Thank you very much.  Like a mobile phone, never wanted one and now I can't live without it.  Now I have Plan-G and I can't fly without it.  I love it!! ;D