News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

No "Instrument Approaches" in context-menu

Started by ruespe, November 25, 2010, 07:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruespe

First of all let me say a big "Thank's a lot" for Plan G. I'm using it for many months and 2.0 is a big step ahead.

I just was crawling thru the pdf and was looking on the context Menu of airports. There I'm missing the entry for "Instrument Approaches". I don't find it in USA nor in UK or Germany. Am I doing something wrong?

Rog

tim arnot

Can you specify an airport that should have an instrument approach, but where you don't see one?

Tim. @TimArnot

ruespe

I tried it on the airports shown in your screenshots, for example EGPC, EKVG, EGBE. But maybe, I missunderstood something. Is perhaps anything else nessessary for showing the instrument approaches?

tim arnot

OK, have a look in the log file (Plan-G_Log.txt) and see if there were any errors when you built the database.  If you've run P-G this morning, you may need to rebuild the database, since it only keeps the log for the current day.

Tim. @TimArnot

ruespe

Yes, I do get a lot of errors. Looks like they depend on the dot/comma-bug.
Quote10:25:29.2 Writing 102855 intersections
10:25:38.2 Error saving ISEC KT: The count of column names and source expressions do not match. [ Column name count = 13,Source expression count = 14 ]
SQL = Insert into Route (OwnerID, RouteType, RouteName, NextIdent, NextIdentRegion, NextIdentType, NextMinAltitude, NextAirportICAO, PrevIdent, PrevIdentRegion, PrevIdentType, PrevMinAltitude, PrevAirportICAO) VALUES (1654,'B','G591','ELNOS','NZ','O',0,'','UKAPA','NZ','O',2133,6,'')
10:25:38.2 Error saving ISEC UKAPA: The count of column names and source expressions do not match. [ Column name count = 13,Source expression count = 14 ]
or
Quote10:27:01.1 Rebuilding indexes
10:27:02.6 Writing approaches
10:27:02.7 WriteApproachesData error:The count of column names and source expressions do not match. [ Column name count = 17,Source expression count = 18 ]
n
nSQL = INSERT INTO ApproachLegs (ApproachIndex, IDCode, FixType, FixIdent, FixRegion, FixOwner, Theta, Rho, Course, DistanceTime, AltitudeDescriptor, Altitude1, Altitude2, Flags, RecommendedIdent, RecommendedRegion, RecommendedType) VALUES(1,'IF',6,'BOBKO','K4','00R',0,0,0,0,1,609,6,0,0,'','',0);
10:27:02.7  Finished writing 1 approaches for 25 airports.
10:27:02.7 Writing 24490 airports
10:27:19.0 Error saving runway for airport 00AL: The count of column names and source expressions do not match. [ Column name count = 15,Source expression count = 17 ]
SQL = INSERT INTO Runways (ICAO, Surface, Length, Width,Heading, [PrimaryRunway], [PrimaryDesignator], [SecondaryRunway], [SecondaryDesignator], [CircuitAlt], Markings, Lighting, Pattern, Latitude, Longitude) VALUES ('00AL',1,701.04,60.96,10,1,0,19,0,304.8,0,0,32,34,8648102208972,-86,7702774703503);
10:27:19.0 Error saving runway for airport 00AZ: The count of column names and source expressions do not match. [ Column name count = 15,Source expression count = 17 ]

[Edit]So, now I changed my regional settings and rebuilt the database. And everythings works fine now.

tim arnot

Ok, glad you have it working. There will be a small update soon to fix this problem and a couple of others.

Tim. @TimArnot

hrsoft

hello, i think i have a similar as you, please explain what you men with schange my regional settings. best regrds from germany heinz

Skynet

In Windows, Open the Control Panel. Then select Region And Language. You'll see a drop down called 'Format'. Make a note of its current setting. Change this to English (there are several verieties of English listed, it doesn't matter which one you pick) and click 'Apply'. Now build the database. Once it is finished, switch back to this dialog and change the Format back to its original setting.

I believe there is a program fix coming, but I don't know the timeframe.

hrsoft

tip was verry good, plan-g works now perfect. thnks heinz

trisager

Quote from: Skynet on November 26, 2010, 05:28:56 PM
In Windows, Open the Control Panel. Then select Region And Language. You'll see a drop down called 'Format'. Make a note of its current setting. Change this to English (there are several verieties of English listed, it doesn't matter which one you pick) and click 'Apply'. Now build the database. Once it is finished, switch back to this dialog and change the Format back to its original setting.

For those (like myself) who need everything spelled out in detail, make sure you restart Plan-G after changing region settings to "English" and before you rebuild the database.

Check the number formats used in Plan-G, e.g. the lat/lon in the bottom left corner of the window. If the decimal separator is "." (period) you are good to rebuild.