News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G 2.0 won't run

Started by ceparsons37, November 25, 2010, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceparsons37

I've d/l'd and installed 2.0 three times in the past 3 hours.  After installing Net 4.0 and the program, then building the FS9 database and attempting to run the app I get the micro$oft error message that closes the program. The msg is " Unknown name (Exception from HRESULT 0x08002006 (DISP_E_UNKNOWN NAME)) " 

(Good Gawd, can ya'll please use english to describe what went wrong !?)

I've uninstalled 0.9 and 2.0 using Revo Uninstaller (I don't trust M$ - it doesn't remove all traces), then did clean install of 2.0  I've removed Net 3.5 SP1 based on another forum problem I read here yet still can't get it to run. 

I'm giving up, 3 hours is way too much time to waste.

Good luck to the rest of ya'll.

tim arnot

Did you have the same problem with 0.9?

That error comes from the IE script engine, which might be because of permissions, either within IE or within Windows, or blocking from antivirus or firewall.

Tim. @TimArnot

ceparsons37

No, sir.  0.9 ran quite well.   Won't disabling firewalls and A/V open me up to drive by's when Plan G is accessing Google ?

Oh well, one more try, eh?

CEParsons

tim arnot

Are you running 0.9 as administrator? You could try that for 2.0 (you'll need to re-copy the shortcut: for some reason, the shortcut produced by the installer doesn't allow that option). If the AV/firewall does turn out to be the problem, you don't need to disable them, only to add Plan-G v2 to the list of allowed programs (0.9 is probably already in that list...)

Tim. @TimArnot

ceparsons37

Oh yes - I'm the only user and my machine boots as admin in XP Pro.   I did get it installed yesterday, however, it was s...l...o...w   Saw another post about the script errors I was getting, so I'll try one more time.

I really like this app, just wish it weren't so dependent on other kludge's to run

CE Parsons