News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

DEM tiles

Started by Bruceb, November 27, 2010, 07:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruceb

Another question.  I have downloaded and installed DEM tiles into the Plan-G DEM folder but the Plan elevation option in the view tab remains greyed out and unclickable. What else do I need to do so this feature can be enabled?  Thanks.

Bruceb

EchoTango

Bonjour,

I installed DEM files as in last version 0.9, in the right folder "DEM". In the previous version I could see the green profile (relief) of the flghtplan, but with this v 2.0, I cannot see it. The pointer is working showing levels for each segment. For one of the flightplan delivered with v 2.0, I could only see the track of altitude (orange line)

I will run more flights to complete this

Thanks
Jean

tim arnot

You can directly copy (or move) the DEM folder from 0.9 - that should work.

Tim. @TimArnot

EchoTango

...I run more VFR flights and no elevation green profile at all, but working, showing altitude if needed etc... ::)

Jean

Joe M

Greetings,
Did you unzip the .rar files before you put them in the DEM folder and do you have the proper tile for the area you are flying in?
Just exploring all answers.

Joe

EchoTango

Quote from: Joe M on November 27, 2010, 05:43:27 PM
Did you unzip the .rar files before you put them in the DEM folder and do you have the proper tile for the area you are flying
Joe

Certainly ! :'(
Jean

ribitt

In Elevation Plan I do not get the orange tracking line, or the altitude readout. The green elevation plot is OK, looking like the previous v9.xx version.

tim arnot

Could you show a screensot? This part of the program is unchanged from 0.9, so I'm not sure I understand what you're not seeing...

Tim. @TimArnot

ruespe

It's also the dot-comma-bug. When you change the regional-settings to "England" before starting Plan G you get the elevation profile back :-)

EchoTango

Bonjour,

herewith 2 screenshots about "green profile" NO PROFILE !

Jean

IMG19

First, a big THANK YOU for a great program, I've been using the version0.9 since the beginning, :)

I have 2 small bugs with the new version

1= airport chart   not working, only see "dots" even if i zoom in or out, but i see in other tread you say there will be a fix in next upgrade. :)

2 = Plan elevation  When i start Plan-G everything is OK, If i right click i see Spot elevation in the window that open and if i create a flight plan i see at the bottom the Plan elevation + the green section (profile).
But when i load a flightplan (pln or plg) then the Spot elevation disappear and at the bottom window the green section (profile) disappear.

I would like to add JPEG but don't know how  :-[
But you can see the same photo as EchoTango

tim arnot

That looks to me like you don't have the DEM tiles installed. Could you show me a screenshot of your DEM folder in Explorer?

The pointer is only showing the position of the pointer, not the elevation of the terrain (there would be a big yellow circle )

Tim. @TimArnot

ruespe

Tim, please have a look on my post a few lines higher
QuoteIt's also the dot-comma-bug. When you change the regional-settings to "England" before starting Plan G you get the elevation profile back :-)

IMG19

If this can help

I have Window XP+SP2
FSX+SP2

EchoTango

Bonsoir Tim,

I still have tiles from last version 0.9

What could be the problem ?

N.B. SAME problem as IMG19. Editing flightplan "green profile" is shown, but, when you open the flightplan after editing: NO MORE "green profile"

EDITING FLIGHTPLAN

OPENING FLIGHTPLAN
Jean