News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Cannot find file

Started by alan ramsay, August 30, 2009, 12:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan ramsay

When I start the application, I get the message

"Cannot find file ///C:/Windows/system32/google.html. Make sure the path and internet address is correct"

I see that there is a file google.html in the list of extracted files, moved it manually, and the programme stopped working.

Can you help, please.

Thanks, Alan

tim arnot

What operating system are you using?

My first advice is, under any circumstances, DON'T install software into your Windows system folders.

While Plan-G should run from just about anywhere, I'd suggest initially unzipping it into your My Documents folder, and running it from there. If you want to move it later, you can simply drag and drop the folder wholesale to wherever you want it to go.

Tim. @TimArnot

alan ramsay

Hi Tim,

I didn't install all the software, just copied the google.html file across, and when that didn't work, deleted it again.

I'm using Vista home, 32 bit.

Tried running it from my documents, and all looks well.

Thanks, Alan.

tim arnot

Vista is extremely protective of its system folders (even 'Program Files'), and even if you have administrator priveleges, when you put stuff into those folders, things often don't work quite as expected.

Gl;ad you have it sorted though.  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

alan ramsay

Hi Tim,

I'm now running it from the root directory of C: and it's running very well, I've flown with it a couple of times and it's a great piece of kit.

I have one comment, and it's definitely not criticism, more a suggestion :- as one of the more senior members, (age-wise !!!),  my eyesight ain't so good, and the symbols for ADF/VORs are difficult to pick out against the background. Could they be made a tad more prominent ?

Cheers, Alan.

tim arnot

I'll see what can be done...  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

Peter Dodds

I installed it in Program Files an XP machine and a Vista laptop.  No probs so far.

Peter

alan ramsay

Hi again,

another small thing I have noticed is that when I open the plan, the engine noise stops, which is quite disconcerting !!
The sim isn't paused, it carries on flying, but in silence.
Is there any way round this, or have I just missed something ?

Cheers, Alan

tim arnot

That's what FS does; not much we can do about it.

Tim. @TimArnot

alan ramsay

OK, that's fine, just wondered if I was missing something.

Cheers, Alan