News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G (v2 - W7) screen freezing after start

Started by btpab, November 29, 2010, 10:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btpab

The old version of Plan-g was running perfect on my PC w7
i want to install new version 2.........
installed desinstalled v2.0 three times. i hade problemes with building data base, no it's OK.....!!!
After installing Net 4.0 , then building the FSX database and attempting to run .......
the program starts, but after few second, the screen is freezing.
FSX is running.
start with admin is the same
i have no time to doo anything.....!!

log file attached
thanks for help.
Patrick

tim arnot

Please update to 2.0.1 and see if that fixes your problems. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

btpab

thanks for quick response,
the new version 2.1 after installation, and building data base......ok
start program, seems ok,    but
it's the same, no response, no access, freezing after 30 seconds..!

tim arnot

When it freezes, is the map white, or does it look normal? If you switch backwards and forwards between programs a few times, does that free it up? Did you actually "do" anything to Plan-G after starting it (e.g. resize the window etc)?

Tim. @TimArnot

btpab

no, the map is normal, the picture of the program is correct,
the size is half of the screen,
and i doing nothing, ( i can't)
30 seconds after, the program loocks........ grey,  with no response on top......!!!!

arno

I had this problem too with v2.0 and also with version 2.01.474. But when i drag the mouse over the screen it will slowly fill the whole screen with plan-G. Maybe it is because a problem of the videocard. Also when I try to drag the Googlepicture I get a message about to stop "a script".

PS: I use windows xp

tim arnot

It may be you have too many overlays active. One of the downsides to using Google Maps is that it doesn't scale too well, and once you start adding intersections, airways, airspace, small airports in particular, you very rapidly have several thousand elements on display. There is an OS fix that will stop the script timeout messages (see the FAQ or Appendix 3 in the manual). Google also has a new API that supposedly is more efficient, and Plan-G will be switching to that for v3.

Tim. @TimArnot

btpab

thanks Tim for help..
i reinstall all the program in a new directory,
and start with out FSX, and any other prog
;-)    ;-) it's working............................  bravo ......... thanks.