News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G v2.0.1.474 FSX data base

Started by schmit, November 30, 2010, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmit

Hi,

First, congratulations to the fantastic designer of Plan-G.

As for the Plan-G version v09.1.423, I would use Plan-G v2 on a Netbook networked with FSX PC.

With Plan-G v09.1.423, I first created the FSX data base with Plan-G installed on the FSX PC, then I transfered the data base (file Plan-G.mdb) at the same location in the Plan-G Netbook.
And it worked well.

I would like to do the same with the Plan-G v2.0.1.474, but I can't find this data base file in the Plan-G directory ?

Please, how do I do ?
Many thanks in advance for answering.

tim arnot

Plan-G\Data. Copy the whole folder.  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

schmit

Thanks for your quick answer !

Good flies

schmit

OK
I did what you told me : I made a copy of Data of my Plan-G of my FSX PC, and I pasted it in my netbook Plan-G in the same location.

When I start Plan-G of my netbook, the "FIRST" requirement is still to generate a database for FSX.
And of course I can't, because I haven't FSX on this small computer ?

What's to be done ?

Thanks for help

tim arnot

Check the database built correctly on your FSX PC, and then check that you copied it to the right location. The built database (PlanG_FSX.sdf) should be around 170MB. The unbuilt database will be around 500KB.

Tim. @TimArnot

Joe M

Schmit,

One thing that I noticed Tim did not mention is that you do not copy the folder itself back to the data folder that is created during setup. Follow these steps.

- from the working copy, copy your entire data folder (folder and all) to another location.
- completely uninstall P-G.
- install the new copy of P-G.
- open the Data folder that you copied to the new location.
- copy the files only to the Data folder in the new P-G installation.

If you just copy the old data folder to the location you will end up with a Data/Data hierarchy and P-G won't know the database files are there.

Just some additional information.

Joe

schmit

Hi

I'll do that in a couple of days and I'll keep you informed about the result.

Tim and Joe, many thanks for your help.

cemil

I don't know what you have on your FSX database, I do have some add-ons but my FSX SDF file is about 163MB and not >500MB as you say.

Initially the remote setup wasn't quite working, it did not recognize the databases I copied. I rebuilt them again with 2.0.1 on the FSX machine and copied them again and now it seems to have all data.

I need to check if the remote connection to FSX actually works as it did in 0.9