News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Screen display

Started by mark786, November 30, 2010, 01:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark786

When starting Plan_G only the map appears, no top panel or right side panel. If I click on Plan-G in the taskbar to minimize it then again to reopen, everything appears as it should. Everything else works fine.

tim arnot

Never heard of that. What spec is your PC? Is there anything in the log?

Tim. @TimArnot

mark786

One PC is XP and one PC is W7 64bit. Nothing in log.

GOLF

I am having the same problem.
FSX
I am using Firefox as my browser and have not updated to the newer internet explorer browser.
Wonder if this could be causing the problems?

Thanks for the great product.   Have just started playing with it, but so far seems to perform as advertised.
Thanks again.

tim arnot

When you say you haven't updated, what version of Internet Explorer do you have on your PC?

Tim. @TimArnot

GOLF

:-[ :-[
The IE version number is 6.0.2900.
I see version 8 in the windows update.    I just have not bothered with it because I was using Firefox. ;D

tim arnot

That could be it. I'm not sure what the exact minimum version of IE is, but I do know that Google are not keen on IE6.

Tim. @TimArnot

GOLF

Just to see what happened, I upgraded to IE8.
Didn't make any difference.
Problem is the same on my laptop, which is networked to the desktop where the sim is.
Laptop also has Firefox and XP.

This is not a problem for me as all I need to do is minimize and maximize and all is well.

Thanks again for the great program.

mark786

Problem occurs on my two desktops (XP and W7 64bit) and my laptop (XP). All are running IE8.

ruespe

I also had a similar behavior with 2.0 (which didn't disturb me too much). I just mention it here for helping finding the bug.

After starting PlanG, nothing did happen. There was no PlanG-Window and nothing shown in taskbar. With Alt-Tab Plan G was shown and could be activated. Then it was shown on screen and in taskbar. But only the IE-Windows was visble. The other parts of the window appeared, when moving the mouse over them or mimizing and restoring the window via taskbar.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this behavior any more. Maybe it was a low-memory-problem???

tim arnot

Did you have FS already running on the same PC when you started Plan-G?

Tim. @TimArnot

ruespe

Sorry Sir, I don't know. But I just tested it again (without starting FS). First the Explorer-Control appears without content. Then the rest of the window comes slowly up one-by-one, but no icon in taskbar. After a while i clicked into the window and then the taskar-icon also appeared. This is reproduceable.

Ah ja, after closing PlanG the taskbar-icon disappears but the planG-window looks as If it's still existing. Bit it isn't. It only stays visuable. When I drag another window over it, the overlaying parts of PlanG-window are destroyed. Looks funny.

tim arnot

That could be graphics driver related, maybe?

Tim. @TimArnot