News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Use of approaches has some problems

Started by cemil, December 02, 2010, 05:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cemil

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits, Plan G v2.0.1 with Classic theme. I have been experimenting with the approaches feature which is quite neat as it shows you the actual approach on the map. However, using it in your flight plan seems to have some problems.

To begin with, in my 1st plan (SKRG to SKBO using the following route: RNG MQU ABL BOG) I noticed that I added ILS 13L to my flight plan, it showed on the map and on the expander. I saved the flight plan in both PlanG and FSX formats. When I loaded the FSX-formatted flight plan on FSX the approach wasn't written in the actual flight plan.

In my 2nd attempt I was making my return flight plan SKBO-SKRG. I had to create two user waypoints (OSPIC and MECHI) which are in the SID (MECHI 2B and IBG 1A) prior to ABL, then RENOS then D151G (SKRG). Then I selected the ILS 36 approach to SKRG with RNG 5 transition. What happens is very weird, the map visual seems to have eliminated both RENOS and D151G from the visual vectors on the map (the line gets displaced to go straight from ABL NDB to RNG 5 (5nm inbound RNG) yet both waypoints are still shown on the actual flight plan on the expander. Why doesn't it draw the vector from the last flight plan waypoint (D151G) to the first waypoint of the selected approach?