News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Script stopped responding

Started by cemil, December 02, 2010, 05:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cemil

This has also become very usual in both v2.0 and v2.0.1, I don't recall having it in v0.9. The problem usually manifests itself in the form of a pop up message saying that a script on the page has stopped working. It asks the user whether the script has to be stopped or not. This happens when one does zooming and panning.

Also, several times I have noticed that my Lower Airways (Victor airways) checkbox gets automagically unchecked under certain circumstances unknown to me during the making of the flight plan.

ruespe

Have a look at the FAQ:
QuoteWhen I'm showing large amounts of detail on the map, with lots of overlays, I keep getting script warning messages: "A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"THis is a normal consequence of trying to do massive amounts of work in an Internet Explorer script. When you have lots of overlays being drawn, it is very easy to get a situation where you have many tens of thousands of points being plotted, lines drawn, markers drawn, and erased etc. Fortunately it is possible to disable this message, and Microsoft has provided a tool to do so. Click on the link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q175500 and follow the instructions.

cemil

Thanks! that resolved the issue, I don't get the annoying pop up anymore.

Tim, I think it would be a very good idea to put the gist of his post in the FAQ or Docs so that it doesn't keep on coming back at you, especially when it is really a problem with the IE engine.

tim arnot

Erm, his post is a quote from the FAQ. It also has a whole appendix in the manual devoted to it (it was definitely an issue in 0.9 too). Not sure where else I could reasonably put it that would be any more prominent... ;)

Tim. @TimArnot