News:

Main Menu

Map, Data and view buttons don't work

Started by Spiroman, December 03, 2010, 07:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiroman

HELP!

I've downloaded Plan-G V2.0.1.474 3 times.  I've installed, created the FSX database 6 times.  I've uninstalled Plan-G 5 times.  Same problem the Map, Data and view are completely nonfunctional.  If you double click on any of the three, full screen and smaller toggle back and forth.  If you right click on them you just get the restore, minimize, maximize, close.  Also, the minimize, maximize and exit buttons on the upper right edge of the screen does not function.  I've read this section in the manual till my eyes ache.  Can someone please give me a clue as to what i might be doing wrong.

When I downloaded Plan-G v2.0.1.474 I deleted the older Plan-G v0.0 so I could have a clean install of Paln-G v2.0.1.474

I'm running Win 7 Home Premium.  I've installed Plan-G each time in administrator mode.

HELP!

tim arnot

Could you post the log file please? (Plan-G_Log.txt)
Thanks

Tim. @TimArnot

robugarte

I had the same problem and I fixed it by loading as an administrator.

cemil

I don't have those problems and I don't run it as administrator. Since I don't like programs that don't require admin rights to demand it I did the following:

a) Installed Plan-G using the setup.exe into C:\Program Files...
b) Copied the C;\Program Files\TA Software\Plan G\ directory to another one C:\Applications\Flight Sim\Plan G\
c) Used the control panel to uninstall Plan G
d) Used the Plan G in c:\Applications to rebuild the databases, etc.

I don't need to run it as admin anymore, in fact I run it in a restricted account as it should. The only problem I have is that it silently skips some add-on airports at random no matter how many times I rebuild

Spiroman

Tim:
     Thank you very much for such a fine software package.  Thank you for responding so quickly to my post.

tim arnot

As cemil suggested, move Plan-G away from Program Files(x86) should resolve the problem. You will need to rebuild the db after the move.

Tim. @TimArnot

Spiroman

Well, that's weird.  But, Plan-G now works.

Thanks guys.  Moving it from the "Program Files (x86)" appears to be the fix.

Again Tim, thank you for such an awesome program and equally awesome support.

mykv

If I could input my two penny worth please, one of our members also downloaded Plan-G, BUT he ran the MSI installer and had the same button problems and non-functionality of the map.. When advised to uninstall Plan-G and re-install and run the setup.exe, this cured his problems. Now wether this is a fault of Windows or Plan-G, I do not know but this fix worked for him and one other. Hopes this helps someone.   And Tim and et al, it is going into everybody's computer, that can be told about Plan-G's and I have not heard of one bad report of it. Again very well done   MykV
Getting the hang of this flying lark