News:

Main Menu

Boy did I really fix it

Started by stanshear, December 06, 2010, 06:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanshear

On zooming in to Google Earth view, I got the message that a script was causing the computer to run slowly, etc, and do I wish to stop running the script?  Whatever I clicked, the message wouldn't go away.  I queried this on the Internet and it was recommended to run the Microsoft FixIt program, which I've used before.  When I ran this, it really fixed it - the splash screen appeared but then just a blank screen and the "Plan-G is not responding" message.  I reinstalled Plan-G but got the same thing.  It won't even install.  Obviously I've corrupted the registry somewhere, but can somebody suggest a solution, or should I contact Microsoft?
Stan

tim arnot

Does Plan-G produce a log?

Have you tried a registry repair util (e.g. Registry mechanic etc)?

Tim. @TimArnot

stanshear

That's exactly what Microsoft Fixit is - a registry repair utility that has worked for me before!  I emailed Microsoft and am waiting for a reply.
Stan

stanshear

Well I fixed it by removing all the references to Plan-G in the registry and starting from scratch again.  It works fine until I go into Google Earth, when I zoom in to a certain point, it hangs and I have to close the program with Task Manager.

Has anybody experienced this?

Stan