News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Running FS in Full-screen mode with Plan-G

Started by stanshear, December 09, 2010, 02:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanshear

Hi
I am running FS9 on one monitor and Plan-G on another.  It works beautfiully, but I ususally run FS in full-screen mode.  If I do this with Plan-G then whenever I click on the Plan'G monitor it minimizes the FS monitor view, and I have to make my settings on Plan-G and then maximise my FS monitor.  The only way I can avoid this and display both simultaneously, is to run FS in windowed mode.
Is there any way around this?

Stan

Joe M

Stan,

I'm not sure as I don't run 2 monitors but there is an option for keeping Plan-G on top in the "View" tab. Try that. If I'm wrong Tim will correct me.

Joe

stanshear

Nope that didn't work Joe, but thanks for the idea.
Stan

TangoEcho

In short no, unless you use across a network.

Tom

stanshear

ruespe

Don't give up. I've written the tool FS-SIMtimizer *), which can help you with your afford. Here you can use 2 (or more) monitors with FS in an "optimated fullscreen-mode" on one monitor and any wanted application on the other. Just give it a try. After starting FS, bring it into window-mode. Start FS-SIMtimizer, press Alt+Enter, enjoy.

Btw, this is only one of many functions, FS-SIMtimizer brings to you.

*) This is a german site, so I give you the google-translate-link. Hope, everything is understandable.

@Tim: Sorry for posting a bit of "marketing" for my programm in the forum of your fabulous program. But in the next version there also will be a function, so that one can operate PlanG without deactivating FS.

stanshear

Thanks for that, Ruespe.  I'll take a look.
Stan

kerm007

Hi
i'm tryin g to the software working but when i set my fsx in full screen my second screen get black i could see the plan-g
Thanks