News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-g no airport on map

Started by wilmic, December 09, 2010, 06:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmic

Hi I am with vista, 32,  flight simulator X plus acceleration installed. The problem with plan-g is:  I can see my aircraft moving and all other AI aircraft but I don't have any airports, any ILS VOR.......nothing. I build the fsx data base nothing much. Also the buttons home and map on the left top of the map are lite grey and doesn't work.  Where is the problem :-[
Michel from Quebec Canada

tim arnot

Please post your log file (plan-G_log.tct)

Tim. @TimArnot

Skynet

wilmic

post your log file (plan-G_log.tct)
I did it but still no airports :(

Joe M

Please read the posts as noted in by Skynet. There are several things you must check and do. Most importantly making sure your scenery .cfg files are in the place that Plan-G looks for them. Specifically, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX and not C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX.

If there are files in the second location, it means that you installed them for your use only. In order for Plan-G to work properly, scenery must be installed for "all users".

Also, search the forum for other peculiarities to scenery recognition. 99.9% of the time it has to do with either permissions or locations.

Joe

wilmic

Please read the posts as noted in by Skynet. There are several things you must check and do. Most importantly making sure your scenery .cfg files are in the place that Plan-G looks for them. Specifically, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX and not C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX.

If there are files in the second location, it means that you installed them for your use only. In order for Plan-G to work properly, scenery must be installed for "all users".

Also, search the forum for other peculiarities to scenery recognition. 99.9% of the time it has to do with either permissions or locations.

CAN,T find  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX and not C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX  IN WINDOW VISTA,,  BUT I STILL WORKING TO FIND A SOLUTION          MANY THANKS FOR THE HELP

tim arnot

In Vista the path is slightly different. It is C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

You may need to have 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' ticked in Explorer if you can't see it.

Tim. @TimArnot

wilmic

In Vista the path is slightly different. It is C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

You may need to have 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' ticked in Explorer if you can't see it.

No 'Show Hidden Files and Folders'  is ON  and C:\ProgramData does not existe on VISTA I think I am comming crazy ???

Joe M

Look at this then match it to yours if you are indeed using VISTA then the file folder will be there.

wilmic

Plan-G Team
Navigator

Re: Plan-g no airport on map
« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:00:36 AM »QuoteLook at this then match it to yours if you are indeed using VISTA then the file folder will be there.
12112010_205818.jpg (42.27 kB, 605x477 - viewed 2 times.)

Ok I find this       Computer\Acer\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery   
How can I see where Plan-g is looking

Manu Thanks
Michel

Skynet

It is written in the log file.
Make sure you have installed version 2.02 (481), and build your database. If it still is not correct, attach your log file to your message here (you were asked to do that in the very first reply, but you didn't do it).

wilmic

Yes a have version 2.02 (481), intalled.  I can't attach a log cfg file on this page. So I copy in notpad

tim arnot

NO. We are asking for the LOG FILE, not the scenery.cfg. The Log file is called Plan-G_Log.txt and is in your Plan-G folder. Please attach it to your reply.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

For some reason your FS path is set to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\

You need to change this to the location of your FSX.exe, then all should be well.

File->Options->Locations

Tim. @TimArnot