News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-g no airport on map

Started by wilmic, December 09, 2010, 06:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmic

Now I don't know what I did but I can't start FSX. I tryed to repair it with the disc but vista says (This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, )

Skynet

What does FSX say when you run it?

wilmic

I was not able to run it, nothing append. So I decide to remove it and reinstall it. What I did wrong is : I removed it with the uninstall prog. in control panel instead of using the disc and I was not able to reinstalling it they say installation package could not be found...... and error 0x80040702. I tryed to install it under run as administrator and it is working now but only for the installation it took me more then 6 hres and a few more hres for acceleration. I don't know what is wrong.

Skynet

Run a registry cleaner. The uninstall has left some crud in the registry. Just google error0x80040702

An uninstall/reinstall of FS is absolutely the LAST thing you should try when attempting to diagnose a problem. It will ALWAYS make things worse.

wilmic

Thanks I will run a registry cleaner asap  do you have any name of good cleaner.

Also
For some reason your FS path is set to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\

You need to change this to the location of your FSX.exe, then all should be well.

File->Options->Locations

Now I am almost sure the problem is there. But I don't know how to change it, and I don't want to mix up FSX an other time

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

wilmic

OK I read page 15 and lot more. I download Plan-G V2.0.2  (481) ,   check the attach pic.      I open it as administrator like they ask. The file window doesn't open when I press the button. So it is hard for me to change location.  (I can't do a bad download.)
By the way I did a registry clean and come back OK  thanks

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

wilmic

Did it that way yesterday check attached pic

tim arnot

Just close the dialog and build the database.

Tim. @TimArnot

wilmic

I did it many times and still come back at security essential  see pic

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

wilmic

Sorry but I don't know what to do to upload the tog file. Maybe I should stop every things and go back with my FS 9.

Skynet

Click on "additional options" below the box you type your reply in. There you will find a button to browse for attachments. Browse to your plan-g\plan-g_log.txt file and click ok. When you post your message the file will be attached.