[Resolved]Problem with heading in flightplans... (EDIT: fixed in 2.02)

Started by J van E, December 11, 2010, 07:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J van E

I have a weird problem with editing flightplans and setting the right heading. I like to add an approach fix to the plan so I will approach the airfield aligned with the runway. So I look at the airport information in Plan-G, note which runway I want to land on and then I add a point that gives me the EXACT right heading. To make sure I am using the right heading, I look at the plan in Plan-G and take note of the Heading M.

Now the weird thing is that when I fly the plan, I always find out the heading is wrong... I always approach the airfield at an angle... At first I simply thought I probably made a mistake while editing the plan, but after having this problem four times in a row I decided to check the plan in Plan-G. And guess what... the heading is wrong...!

Example: I fly to Vernon (NRM) CYVK and want to land on runway 5. So I add a waypoint that gives me a heading of 50 degrees. The plan in Plan-G shows me 50 degrees. No problem. However, when I load the plan in FSX, the heading is 14 degrees...!

I loaded the plan again in Plan-G. Here is the sceenshot:

As you can see the heading of the last waypoint is 14. I KNOW I set it at 50...! Weird... Now I move the waypoint just a very little tiny bit to the right and... Look at that! The heading now suddenly is 49!!! When I put the waypoint back to where it was, it shows a heading of 50!!!

The ONLY time the plan shows the REAL heading, is when I load the plan again in Plan-G and don't touch anything. As soon as I start to edit things, I simply can NOT be sure of what I am doing anymore.

BTW I also notice the number of the waypoint changes...? It IS waypoint 1, but when I load the plan it has a random number...? Maybe there is a relation between this random waypoint number and the heading...?

Anyway, I use Plan-G for two reasons: being able to plan a flight within an Orbx zone (PNR or NRM), which works PERFECTLY, and to add an approach fix, which is impossible to do right now.

Here is another example. I load this flight, heading is 340:

I slightly move the waypoint (called 13 for some off reason) and the heading is 15 (and the point is now called 1).

What's up...? I am using the latest version btw.

P.S. I see the difference always is 35 degrees, so I can add a waypoint keeping that in the back of my mind, but of course it shouldn't be like this. ;)

EDIT
This 'trick' (adding 35) DOES work: I just tested it, so as long as there is no real solution I will enter a fix with a heading of 85 when I need 50 and so on. I just have to save and reload the plan in Plan-G to check the REAL headings. Odd, but it works.  ;)

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

J van E

Ok, thanks, sorry for missing that other post...