News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

[Resolved]Another Problem

Started by falcon409, December 12, 2010, 04:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falcon409

Well, I know it didn't do this the first time I installed it after the Motherboard Crash. . . .I had the program open with no problems, but now every time I try to open, I get this:
(X) Plan-G requires an active Internet connection. Please check your network connections and try again.

Any suggestions?

falcon409

Here's the log:
00:38:07.0
00:38:07.0 ---===+++===---
00:38:07.0 Starting Plan-G, build 2.0.1.474
00:38:07.0 OS is Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
00:38:07.2 webBrowser_SizeChanged. Width = 732 Height = 324
00:38:07.3 webBrowser_SizeChanged. Width = 748 Height = 362
00:38:07.4 FSX is installed
00:38:07.5 webBrowser_SizeChanged. Width = 748 Height = 518
00:38:07.5 Selected data set is FSX
00:38:08.7 IsInternetConnected failed: Unable to connect to the remote server

tim arnot

Firewall? Antivirus? Internet connection?

The test that fails is a simple web connection to maps.google.com. If Plan-G can't connect to google maps , there's really nothing else it can do.

Tim. @TimArnot

falcon409

Thanks Tim,
I was able to connect to map.google.com with no problems at all, as far as the internet connection. . . .obviously that's running fine or I wouldn't be here now, lol. The only firewall I have is the default one for Windows. . . .what would it be blocking to keep Plan-G from talking to the internet? Do I just tell it to allow Plan-G?

Just as some added information, I don't use a router, I'm just direct connected to the cable via the cable modem.

Thanks for the assist.

tim arnot

I'm not sure of the intricacies of Windows firewall specifically, but yes you should be able to tell it simply to allow Plan-G.

Tim. @TimArnot

falcon409

Ok, thanks Tim,
I'm going to consider this a wash at this point. I've done what I know to do. . .all the times I ran Plan-G before I never had any problems and no one seems to be having any of the problems I'm having so I don't know where to go from here. It honestly shouldn't be this difficult to get the program to run. I don't use any exotic software, no router, a simple cable modem and that's it. I'm always connected to the internet, I can fly multiplayer and never have any trouble with internet connections, I use FSWidgets GMap and it runs fine.

I'm at a loss. Thanks again for your assist. I'm going to leave the program installed and maybe down the road someone will hit on a solution.

tim arnot

The simplest way to prove if the firewall is causing the problem is to temporarily disable it. Run Plan-G, and if it works... there's your problem.

Also, try V2.0.2, which has just gone up.  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

falcon409

Not the firewall. I'm working another angle right now. I use Firefox for my browser, but if I try to open IE, it also is unable to find the server, so it could be something related to IE.

tim arnot

Agreed -- if IE also has the problem, that sounds likely.

Tim. @TimArnot

falcon409

Got it Tim. Under options in the IE Tools dropdown. . .I checked the "connections" for LAN and discovered it was not setup to detect any connections. . .who knew? Sheeese. So despite the fact that you may not use IE, it affects a lot you wouldn't even think of, even if you otherwise have a solid Internet Connection.