News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Top right window controls (minimize, restore, maximize, close) not working

Started by ou81aswell, December 13, 2010, 11:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ou81aswell

This may have something to do with my new laptop (HP Envy 17, Core I7, ATI 5850, Win 7 x64) but the minimize, restore, maximize and close buttons in Plan-G's title bar don't work after FSX disables Win 7's Aero. I also can't resize the Plan-G window by dragging the right hand side of it. These problems go away when I close FSX and Win 7 switches back to Aero.

Plan-G Version 2.0.2.481
FSX Acceleration

tim arnot

Are your drivers up to date? I have an ATi 4650, and it doesn't do that...

Also, have you changed the theme in P-G from the default?

Tim. @TimArnot

ou81aswell

I updated to the latest version of ATI's Catalyst but am not sure the actual drivers were updated. The HP update system indicates there are no updates available for the graphics card.

The machine is brand new and I believe it was manufactured in the last 6 months.

I will continue to investigate.

ou81aswell

I have confirmed that I have the latest drivers. I suspect / hope that there may be an update available soon as FSX does some weird and wonderful things if I overlap an IExplorer window over top of it. After the overlap, the dialogs that FSX displays (like the save flight (;) dialog for example) are partially obscured by a "chunk" of the intrument panel so it appears that there is something weird going on under the hood.

It's not a big deal as I can use the File menu to exit and right-click on the control box (top left corner of a window) to min/max/restore.

I just wanted to report it in case it had anything to do with the new version of p-g.