News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

How does anyone use this all it does is freeze

Started by wjbwjb29, December 16, 2010, 01:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjbwjb29

Hello;
I dont know how anyone uses this program all it does for me is be very unresponsive and I am just trying to use the interface. At this rate trying to do a flight plan might take me say 2hours.

very dissapointed

BIll

ou81aswell

You may want to include a little bit of information about the PC you're running this on.

P-G speed is related to a number of things including your processor speed, number of cores and memory, the zoom level you are using in P-G (the further you zoom out, the more objects like airports, VORs and NDBs have to be displayed) and your internet connection to google maps.

What kind of processor do you have and how much memory is installed? What version of FS are you running? Is it sluggish when P-G is the only program open? What version of Windows are you using? What type of Internet connection do you have? How well does Google maps work with your system using your regular web browser?

wjbwjb29

I hope you can excuse my frustration in my post. I have been getting it to work quit well today. I think I was trying to do too many things at once. I see now that the program takes a little time to react.

Thanks
Bill

GAJ52

Hi Bill

As ou81aswell said a lot depends on the spec of your computer and how Plan-G is used.  Don't have the screen zoomed all the way out with everything switched on as there is a lot of processing to do before the screen redraws.  I have a very medium spec computer and Plan-G works very fast with some intelligent use of its settings.  A VFR flight plan can be built in under a minute - I think 2 hours is a bit of an exaggeration even on a low spec machine   ;)

Glen
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit / i7-3770K @ 4.40 Ghz / 8 GB Ram / Nvidia GTX 680 2 GB / FSX