News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

No White Delete Box ETC

Started by Eagle49, December 27, 2010, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle49

:-[ With latest version .481 I have the little yellow plane in top left corner but the white box and yellow down arrow  to the right
ot the yellow plane are MISSING. Can't delete old Flight Plans. Am I doing something wrong or what??? I have reinstalled Plan G 2 times
but same problem. All help appreciated.
Eagle49

Skynet

What White box and yellow down arrow? Please explain.

tim arnot

Are you talking about the Quick Access Toolbar? It's fully explained in the manual, starting at page 7/

Tim. @TimArnot

Eagle49

On the ribbon top left is the word FILE in green. Just above the file tab is a snall yellow airplane and to the right of plane is supposed to be a white square and to the right of it is supposed to be a yellow tab with down arrow in it, neither show up. by clicking on the 1st one (white square) you are supposed to be able to delete any of your created flight plans. how else can you delete flight plans???
Eagle49

tim arnot

No, the "white square" is the File->New function on the Quick Access toolbar. It replicates "New Flightplan" from the File menu. It has always done this. There is no file delete within Plan-G and never has been. If you want to delete the plans you have created, use Explorer, just as you would for any other program.

Tim. @TimArnot

Eagle49

:) Thanks for the Info. I will try to do it with explorer. Guess at 81 years am having brain cramps. Great program!!

tim arnot

That sort of "housekeeping" activity is always done at the Explorer level. Just the way it is, I think.

Tim. @TimArnot

Eagle49

Could not find Explorer Level and the Flight plans I RED X out are also gone as they do not show up under FSX Simulator. Sorry to be so Dumb even though I went thru the manual. Thanks anyway for the suggestions. Eagle49

Skynet

What is your operating system? If you have Win7 or Vista, click on the Windows ball logo at the bottom lef to your screen. Select 'Computer' from the menu. You are now in Explorer, and can browse to your files and delete them.

If you have XP, click on the Start button at the bottom left of your screen, and select 'My Computer' from the menu. You are now in Explorer and can browse to your files and delete them.

This is not something you do from inside Plan-G itself, as Tim explained.