News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Getting Plan G to work

Started by terrypilot, January 01, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrypilot

Dear Tim,
First of all, Happy New Year to you and all of your staff. And thanks for what appears to be a wonderful product. I am sorry to say, however, that I can't seem to get it to work. I know that PLAN G connects via SIMCONNECT to FSX (there is a little green button in the icon of the Plan G icon in the taskbar that says so). In fact, PLAN G connects happily to FSX on my computer. I am running PLAN G on a single stand-alone computer with a single monitor, using Windows 7 Premium Edition. My problem is this: Whenever I have FSX and PLAN G up and running on my computer and whenever I click on PLAN-G, it freezes FSX. And then when I click on FSX to "unpause" the program, then the PLAN G window disappears. In other words, I can't seem to make PLAN G stay visible while at the same time letting FSX "do its thing", namely, flying the flight plan. Any suggestions as to what might be going wrong? Sincerely,
Terrence

Skynet

In FSX, on the Options screen, uncheck "pause on task switch"

terrypilot

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, your suggestion to "uncheck" the "pause on task" box doesn't seem to address the problem. I'll keep experimenting, however. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

terrypilot

Just a quick note to say that I got the problem resolved. All it needed was a reboot of my computer; apparently, my computer got "tired" after all of the finagling that I tried to get it to work. Anyway, PLAN G works flawlessly now.