News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Running FSX in windowed mode

Started by ckeyser, January 21, 2011, 01:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckeyser

I recently downloaded and installed Plan-G. I'm using FSX with Windows 7. I have found that Plan G freezes up when in full screen mode. FSX needs to be in windowed mode for it to work. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this.

I apologize if this has been posted already

tim arnot

You'll need to give me more information about this 'freeze'. What did you do beforehand? Please upload the log file.

FSX must be in Windowed mode to run Plan-G on a single PC. This is a limitation of Windows.

Tim. @TimArnot

ckeyser

You answered my question but here's the log file anyway

aggrav8

I've been struggling with this annoyance for a few days. Too bad about the Windows 7 weakness. Not the best flagship.

I did find out though that I can fly in fullscreen mode and not have to look at the menu bar or task bar, and if I want to look at the Plan-G presentation I can temporarily switch FSX's view mode to non-fullscreen, do a task switch to Plan-G, and when done, switch back to FSX and change the view mode back to fullscreen. Clumsy but it works.

I do have one other (unrelated) question if I may. I'll create a new topic if that's preferable.

I think I've set up Plan-G correctly - looked all through the manual and tried to set up Plan-G correctly. But when I mouseover an airport or an AI aircraft, a shadow-outline of a box displays next to the object but there's no readable text in it.   For airports only, a white box appears that contains summary information about the airport (nothing comparable for AI aircraft though). Does the "shadow"  box indicate that I'm missing something that should be displaying?
GJG

ruespe

Quote from: tim arnot on January 21, 2011, 08:59:42 AMFSX must be in Windowed mode to run Plan-G on a single PC. This is a limitation of Windows.
I've written the freeware-program FS-SIMtimizer that - amongst other useful functions - makes it possible to fly in fullscren-mode on one monitor and have Plan-G open on the other.

tim arnot

Thanks ruespe, I'll add that to the FAQ - I think people will find it useful  8)

Tim. @TimArnot