News:

Main Menu

Plan G crash on connect

Started by THibben, January 25, 2011, 03:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THibben

I have Plan G installed on my network computer.  After connecting to the main PC via Wide FS Plan G crashes unless I "Clear all settings" first.  Then it works with no further problems.

Is there a way to avoid his?  While this is not a difficult task, I am not sure it is supposed to work this way.  My .xml file has IPV4 as the protocol, 192.168.1.1 address and 4506 as the port.  The FS Connection Parameters in Plan G are FSUIPC, IPV4, 192.168.1.1 and 4506.

I am using WIN 7 64 bit, i7980X CPU, 6GB ram, and ATI radeon HD5850 GPU.

Can this be corrected?

Thanks for a great program.

Tom

tim arnot

Can you please upload the log file? Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

THibben

Ti,

Hopefully this atached correctly.

Tom

tim arnot

What version FSX do you have? Is it SP2 or Acceleration?

Tim. @TimArnot

THibben

tim arnot

Hmm.  It's only connecting with FSUIPC, in either instance. What happens if you set the connection to FSUIPC rather than Auto?

Tim. @TimArnot

THibben

I had it set on FSUIPC but when I just looked at it it was back to auto.  I have set it back to FSUIPC.

Tom

tim arnot

Quote from: THibben on January 25, 2011, 06:49:54 PM
I had it set on FSUIPC but when I just looked at it it was back to auto.
yes, that will happen if you clear all settings.

Tim. @TimArnot

rerradem

G'day everyone.

Sorry to jump in, but I have a similar prob. Have been using Plan-g for a while and never had this problem after upgrading to v.2.0.5.492. Have always connected thru FSUIPC just fine up to v.2.0.3.486. But the new version starts up fine with all menus working etc until I hit the connect butten, up comes a dialog box stating that Plan-G has encountered a problem an needs to shut down etc etc.
Have setting set to FSUIPC. Both client and server PCs showing "connected". Did all the manual stated regarding, downloading, installing etc.  Can run it just fine without a connection to FSX and it looks great.
I use XP Pro with all SPs, FSX acceln.
Any suggestions much appreciated
cheers
Richard
G'day from Down Under

tim arnot

Nothing has changed in that area, so I'm not sure why it should start crashing now. Unfortunately, my FS PC is stuffed, so I can't try it here. Maybe someone else can confirm if it's working for them?

Tim. @TimArnot

rerradem

Hi Tim,

Yep it sure is a mistery to me as well. If the previous version connected just fine with FSUIPC, why not the update?  Yet if the new version is started on the same PC as FSX, no problems.
So if individually all programs run ok, then there is somehow a connection problem when networking FSX and Plan-g v.2.0.5.
I just have to stick to the previous version and get rid of the announcement of a new update popup.
cheers
Richard
G'day from Down Under

tim arnot

One thing you could try is to keep the FS.dll file from the old version and copy it over the top of the new one (that's the file that talks to FSUIPC). It *should* be the same, just with a different date and version number. If something somehow got corrupted, that could make a difference...

Tim. @TimArnot

rerradem

G'day Tim,

thanks again for the tip. Now however I am beginning to think that using Plan-g is not going to be.
As mentioned b4, uninstalled v.2.0.3.486 (after I finished a flight with it no probs) I installed the new version
v.2.0.5.492, lookled fine until trying to connect via FSUIPC to FSX. Error message about program experiencing a problem and needs to shut down blah blah blah. Uninstalled it en did a reinstall, no joy. So I thought, did have no probs at all with 203, I installed it back but low and behold, when trying to connect to FSX, the same error message popped up again. So here is my 1000000 dollar question, what is going on.?
Botton line is, flew with v 203 ok until installing the new version. Nothing software/hardware was changed.
So trying out the old fs.dll is not even possible anymore.
Could there be a stuff up in the registry maybe, well who knows. by the way here is part of the error message

Error signature
Event type:  clr20r3    P1:plang.exe    P2: 2.03.486    P3: 4d347521
P4: mscorlib    P5  4.0.0.0    P6: 4ba1da6f    P7: 42aa    P8: 3b
P9: system.argumentexception

cheers
Richard
G'day from Down Under

tim arnot

I don't *think* anything in the registry should affect it. But if you run the ClearAllSettings program, that will wipe the Plan-G config from the registry, as if you'd never run it. Might be worth a try...

Tim. @TimArnot

rerradem

Hi Tim,

Thanks again.
Well b4 trying the ClearAllSettings program, I decided to try a connection thru SimConnect. After tweaking the Simconnect.xml file with the help of the Plan-g PDF doc file, I actually managed to get FSX an Plan-G talking to each other. I am glad I can fly again using Plan-G but am not game to update to the new version yet, so am still using v.2.0.3.486. Also using FSUIPC as well, as most of my cockpit harware use it. So far so good and thanks to all involved with this subject.
cheers
Richard
G'day from Down Under